Carrot weather app keeps changing location

shankar2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Hi so I bought this app carrot weather and have set only one location in it which is not the current location.

I notice that the location keeps changing to current location even though I’ve manually set to another location in the ios app. Anyone have a solution for this bug? Thanks!

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
You might want to contact the developer for more details?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
I had the same issue recently and emailed the developer, here was his reply:
"Do you have my location services set to “always” or “while using” in the Settings app on your iPhone? It should be set to “always” in order for me to update your location via the Watch app."

shankar2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
I don’t want current location weather. I want specific city that’s not my current location. The app keeps switching to current location unfortunately

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Go into settings and change your default location to “Last viewed.”
Unfortunately, this only works for the app on the phone...after I changed the settings on the phone to
use Last Viewed, the Carrot watch app always reverts to my current location.

shankar2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Unfortunately, this only works for the app on the phone...after I changed the settings on the phone to
use Last Viewed, the Carrot watch app always reverts to my current location.
That’s exactly what I’m seeing! Obviously it’s a bug author needs to add specific locations besides last viewed or gps

Reactions: rojocrandall

akash.nu

macrumors G3
May 26, 2016
That’s exactly what I’m seeing! Obviously it’s a bug author needs to add specific locations besides last viewed or gps
It’s probably a new feature you’re asking for, not a bug as such.

hologram

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
I had the same issue and emailed the developer. His reply was to set the app on your phone to “last viewed” and also on the phone go to Privacy / Location Services/ and set Carrot to “while using”.

It’s been working fine ever since.

rojocrandall

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Hi so I bought this app carrot weather and have set only one location in it which is not the current location.
I notice that the location keeps changing to current location even though I’ve manually set to another location in the ios app. Anyone have a solution for this bug? Thanks!
I figured it out, works for me now:
iPhone: Settings->Privacy->Location Services->Carrot: Never
Now Carrot will use the city(ies) you entered manually and will not use the current location.

Reactions: sean000

shankar2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
I figured it out, works for me now:
iPhone: Settings->Privacy->Location Services->Carrot: Never
Now Carrot will use the city(ies) you entered manually and will not use the current location.
Great, I'll try! also I'm subscribed to the premium feature. Hopefully it'll keep updating the weather data of the city location every half hour as they say.

shankar2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Only thing is I'm a premium subscriber too but the weather data doesn't update regularly (2 every hour?) in the complication.