Carry my MacBook Pro with just a Speck case?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by case2001, Sep 9, 2010.

1. case2001 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I just purchased a non-unibody MacBook Pro 15" in great shape. This is my first Mac. I love it. I have been using just the speck case to transport it in my messenger bag to and from work. The commute consists of just a car ride. I had not been using a sleeve with it. Just close it up with the Speck case on it. Put it in the bag and go. I carry a couple of small books the the power adapter with it in the bag. After reading the forums a bit it seems people are using the Speck case and a sleeve. Am I crazy to just use the Speck alone?

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. mrathee macrumors 6502

I have a 17" and I use it bare but carry it in a sleeve-in a very protective laptop bag.

I'd rather carry a bit more weight and save it from a fall or a bump.

3. fsckminix6 macrumors regular

I only have a Booq taipan skin and my backpack... which has my tools and books and normally a whole bunch of other junk in it it works just fine.

4. ljx718 macrumors 6502

5. Tarek macrumors 6502

I use both a Sleeve and a Speck-case. You have to be careful because non-Unibody MacBooks get scratched so easily, and so did mine before I bought protection for it.

6. case2001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help. I think I am going to continue to carry my MacBook pro in my messenger bag with just the speck case. If something terrible happens I guess that will give me an excuse to upgrade. But for longer trips, I will get a sleeve to use as well.

Thanks again.

7. case2001 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just thought I might up date the thread a little bit. Thanks to everyone who replied. I really love my Speck Case. I even bought a red one to change things up. It does a fantastic job of protecting the MacBook Pro. I did get a sleeve as well. Not so much for bangs as to keep the dust out. There was a lot of dust and fine dirt getting in my bag so I thought the sleeve would help keep it clean and dust out of the ports, vents and screen.

thanks again.....

8. deeesea macrumors 6502

you should be okay even without the sleeve. I have a red speck case too! and i dropped my laptop from my table during a lecture haha, looked at my laptop, no damages, nbd. using it fine w/o a problem :)

though i imagine if you drop it from standing position it won't be as nice, I walk around campus with just the speck case and nothing else and i bump into doors and stuff and the case takes it like a champ. though it looks mad beaten up now, but ehhh.