Carrying bag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrathee, Sep 2, 2010.

1. mrathee macrumors 6502

First off - I searched the forum. Nothing applies to this thread.

Second: here we go.

I have a set of gear that I move around 2-3 times per day, and I need a bag that is fairly lightweight, professional, and easy to use.

Equipment I need to carry:
    MBP 17" w/ brick
    ipad
    wacom intuos wireless
    magic mouse
    some odds and ends that can fit anywhere.

I would like a dedicated section for both the laptop and the wacom, while the ipad can sit in an "open" storage section of the bag.

I found the Digital Artists Bag on deviant art, which seems pretty nice but I am looking for something a bit more professional.

Messenger style bags ARE ok, if they handle these needs.

Has anyone found anything like this?

(<$200)

2. mrathee thread starter macrumors 6502

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not sure if this is professional for you or not but this backpack worked great for lugging around my 17" HP. Has a dedicated laptop side opening as well as huge main compartment for anything else. The detachable pack on the back could serve well for either your Wacom or iPad. I know you said you were looking for a messenger/professional looking pack but I've had this thing for awhile and like it alot.

http://www.buy.com/prod/hurley-frequent-flyer-surf-skate-backpack/q/loc/16234/208292165.html

4. mrathee thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea, the professional aspect is very important because I use this for client meetings, to go to work, as well as class. While the space in this bag may work, the look doesn't.

Thanks anyway! definitely appreciate the help

anyone else have anything?

5. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

I use a simple backpack. Actually, it's an addidas soccer backback, but it works just fine carrying my 15MBP (ample room for 17in), camera, mouse, iPod, sungalsses with case, all of the power cords for my aomputer, recharger for blackberry, hookup for projector for presentations and ample room for shave kit (if I am flying) and several files. It may not be "cool" or professional looking, but it is extremely practical.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Eh, didn't think it was too professional enough. Figured I'd try anyways :D
    Last suggestion might be this one from Ogio?

http://ogio.com/product/view/22/Boss

It's huge but, again, not sure if it's professional enough for you.

7. Juan A macrumors newbie

I use a Wenger Impulse case. I really like it. I have had it for about 6 years and the case still functions perfectly and looks like new. I would highly recommend it.

http://www.wengerna.com/impulse-wa-7426-02

8. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I have a brenthaven. It holds macbook pro 17, ipad, a couple of books, all the wires, and sometimes a bag lunch. Very good quality bag

[​IMG]

9. mrathee thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for helping again - but it looks like a sports duffle bag instead of an office bag. (no offense intended) But the effort is greatly appreciated!!

What do you carry in it? I need a wacom tablet, 17" mbp, ipad, and cables for said devices to fit comfortable and safely.

Are you carrying the same amount/type of stuff?

I'm taking a look on their site now - will definitely update if I find something

10. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I used a nearly identical Brenthaven bag for several years. Those things are nearly indestructible.