Carrying Case for New MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by McGiord, Feb 2, 2008.

1. McGiord, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

While we wait for the soon to be released MacBook Pro, I was thinking to start looking into the carrying case, by assuming the form and size will be the same as the current ones.
    I am looking for your suggestions/recommendations with links, photos, etc...
    And why you like it?
    ________
    jailbroken

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I own this laptop bag and it's very cheap, but offers padding, decent storage pocket that I've put a second battery, power adapter, and even a 1" 3 ring binder before it was filled. I would highly recommend it, I've had it for over two years now.

3. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

I like the Medium Alley by STM: http://www.stmbags.com.au/medium-alley-specifications.html

It's a messenger type bag with protection for your MBP, space for the power cord, BT mouse, and a few other things. It also has room for a book, some mags, etc. It's light for the size, doesn't look like a laptop bag (not an easy target when carrying it around), and has enough space but not an abundance. If you're looking to carry your school books or something this isn't the case for you. But if you want to cary your MBP along with a few things to work on it's pretty good.

You'll read reviews that the MBP can move around a little inside. Get a neoprene case for the MBP and it fits like a glove inside the case.

4. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-15-Inch-Messenger-Bag/dp/B000XHM4CC

I've got this one by Belkin, it's really nice - light, compact, well made, lots of padding/protection, and it comes with a little bag for your power adaptor etc. to keep them separate in the case. The shoulder strap also goes into a pocket when not in use, there's a pocket for an mp3 player with earphone port on the outside, etc.

The only thing I don't like is that the red isn't as bright as in the picture - it's more a maroon red, which looks a bit formal and poncey, but it's not a massive problem. It's a good bag.

5. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

6. a4abt macrumors regular

If you are looking for a case to carry ONLY your notebook; take a look at Tom Bihn's cases! They are great for protecting the notebook, but there isn't much space for accessories. The front pocket can hold the power supply, but not much more than that.

This is the model I bought:
    http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0300

7. McGiord, Feb 2, 2008

McGiord thread starter macrumors 601

McGiord

Thanks for your posts! I hope to see more good ones.

Now I wonder what would be best?
    • messenger bag
    • with rolling wheels
    • with rolling wheels - messenger bag
    • with rolling wheels - backpack
    • backpack

Due to Work I am travelling to Mexico on a weekly basis, and I will be using it as my work computer also, to stop carrying a very heavy and annoying Dell from work, so the look is important because I will be in meetings and visting suppliers and our customer. Also I need space for a paper notebook a magazine, maybe a book also, my iPod, airport express, pens, and my car keys.

Thanks again!
    ________
    BMW F800S picture

8. gelatin macrumors 6502

i am also looking for a case for my future MBP. i dont like laptop bags that shout out "hi i am carry a laptop, please mug me"

so im gonna go for a neoprene case and just put that into my current normal bag

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

10. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Backpack

I use the Swiss Gear Pegasus backpack. I think they are over priced but it allows me to carry everything I need and works great when walking long distances.

Link

11. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Booq

I have a booq boa and vyper sleeve for my 17" MPB.
    I also have the vyper sleeve for my 12" iBook.

Very happy with the protection, the quality, and the sleek look of the backpack. It is something I can carry around into the office without feeling like I'm going camping.

http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.226/.f?sc=2&category=1090

The boa has been updated, but I prefer the look of the older model. Less busy. It is available on closeout.

Enjoy.

12. McGiord, Feb 2, 2008

McGiord

This looks very nice for what I need, this link is for the old one you say you prefer, or it's the new one?
    ________
    CR250R

13. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

That link is for the older one that I have. Not really 'old'. I just bought mine about 6 weeks ago. The new model must have just came out, cause I just noticed it today on their website. The build quality of their products is just amazing. You really get what you pay for.

14. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I took a picture of the Targus case with the items you said that you were going to use (I substituted a few like two magazines instead of a notebook, because I don't have one handy). But it can fit all the items with ease, and it looks pretty stylish IMO.

Attached Files:

15. dmb3886 macrumors regular

16. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

Im looking for one to but not too expensive for my 12in iBook

17. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I just bought a MBP in January, and I am still looking for that perfect case and have not bought one. I'm using an old backpack style case that I got for free at a windows developer conference. There is some irony for you.

18. dmb3886 macrumors regular

Brenthave Eclipse II - ftw...almost as small as the incase neoprene isleeve pretty much but much more protective padding

here's mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

I have the Tom Bihn Super Ego with a clip in (clips in the back part of the bag) horizontal Brain Cell for my 17" MBP:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Czechmac macrumors regular

I kinda liek the line of http://www.be-ez.com. Especially the LEbag classic and LE Vertigo. When the new MPB comes out I thin I'm gonna but the LEbag classic, especially because they sell then on UK applestore which will get me a discount as a HE Student.

21. gibbz macrumors 68030

I would also like to promote the Brenthaven Pro Lite III. I have had it for about 8 months and it is the greatest case I have owned to date.

22. McGiord, Feb 3, 2008

McGiord

This video is very funny, despite that it seriously makes me think if the other cases offer a similar shock protection to the Mac?
    What have you experience about it?

http://www.brenthaven.com/video-all-products-cust.html
    ________
    growing marijuana

23. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

This is the Tom Bihn case:

[​IMG]

24. snipersix macrumors member

25. McGiord, Feb 3, 2008

McGiord