Carrying iPad 12.9

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2002
New England
looking into buying the 12.9 iPad Pro . What do you use to carry it with you? I'd hate to carry it in some bulky backpack when the device is so thin . Any ideas ?

acorntoy

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Apple Smart Cover and https://www.amazon.com/Multifunctional-Protective-Notebook-Protector-Briefcase/dp/B01KZ7HCUI

The Apple Smart Cover is no doubt overpriced, but the cost of a screen repair is $600 so I'd say it's worth it :apple::(

Note: depending on how comfortable you are you might be fine with just a glass screen protector + Smart Cover, from what I remember when people were drop testing the iPad 2 and 3 with them they did quite well. I actually dropped my Pro about 4 feet two days after I got it (and the day I learned the repair price) luckily although at that time I had no Smart Cover or carrier the glass screen protector I made sure I had on day one saved my screen.

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
It all depends on what accessories you get. If you just use the iPad naked, then there are a ton of small sleeves that you can use, and many have shoulder straps and such. However, if you also have a keyboard and pencil, and perhaps stand or other accessories, then you will probably want something that holds everything.

I use in Incase sleeve which works very well for the naked iPad or with a thin back cover. I don't really have a need to carry my ipad somewhere by itself, so if I'm bringing it with me, it means I'm traveling and will have other things with me, so I put the sleeve in a backpack.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I've had the Apple Smart Keyboard, and the Zagg Slim Book. I just tuck it under my arm or carry it in my hand. If it needs to be stowed for a longer period, it goes in my camera backpack with my MacBook.

Cosmo M3

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
I carry mine naked daily around the office with just the Apple Smart Keyboard

MainStream

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2010
Pad & Quill have some nice options that don't add significant weight or size. Options on carrying the pencil too.

ericwn

macrumors 601
Apr 24, 2016
I currently use an older sleeve cover from a notebook that fits my 12.9 iPad fine, or I use the Logitech Create and carry it with that attached.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.