Carrying iPad 12.9

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by LucasLand, May 3, 2017.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

looking into buying the 12.9 iPad Pro . What do you use to carry it with you? I'd hate to carry it in some bulky backpack when the device is so thin . Any ideas ?

2. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

Apple Smart Cover and https://www.amazon.com/Multifunctional-Protective-Notebook-Protector-Briefcase/dp/B01KZ7HCUI

The Apple Smart Cover is no doubt overpriced, but the cost of a screen repair is $600 so I'd say it's worth it :apple::(

Note: depending on how comfortable you are you might be fine with just a glass screen protector + Smart Cover, from what I remember when people were drop testing the iPad 2 and 3 with them they did quite well. I actually dropped my Pro about 4 feet two days after I got it (and the day I learned the repair price) luckily although at that time I had no Smart Cover or carrier the glass screen protector I made sure I had on day one saved my screen.

3. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

It all depends on what accessories you get. If you just use the iPad naked, then there are a ton of small sleeves that you can use, and many have shoulder straps and such. However, if you also have a keyboard and pencil, and perhaps stand or other accessories, then you will probably want something that holds everything.

I use in Incase sleeve which works very well for the naked iPad or with a thin back cover. I don't really have a need to carry my ipad somewhere by itself, so if I'm bringing it with me, it means I'm traveling and will have other things with me, so I put the sleeve in a backpack.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I've had the Apple Smart Keyboard, and the Zagg Slim Book. I just tuck it under my arm or carry it in my hand. If it needs to be stowed for a longer period, it goes in my camera backpack with my MacBook.

5. tagumcity macrumors member

I have my IPP protected with Apple's silicone, Ghost Armor, & use a Thule Gauntlet sleeve.

6. Cosmo M3 macrumors regular

Cosmo M3

I carry mine naked daily around the office with just the Apple Smart Keyboard

7. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

m'kay. :confused: But what do you use (if anything) to carry yours TO the office? o_O

8. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

When I travel with it it goes in my backpack with my MBP.

9. MainStream macrumors member

MainStream

Pad & Quill have some nice options that don't add significant weight or size. Options on carrying the pencil too.

10. ericwn macrumors 65816

I currently use an older sleeve cover from a notebook that fits my 12.9 iPad fine, or I use the Logitech Create and carry it with that attached.