Carrying iPad between books

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RestUnknown, Mar 25, 2012.

1. RestUnknown macrumors regular

Hi all

As an iPad is much lighter then a laptop I'm planning to take it too school.
    So I have to carry it in my backpack which from time to time is packed with books, so a lot of pressure is going to be created on the device.
    Is this ok?

And how about the shocks it has to endure?

It has a smartcover and I'll be putting it in a closed bag which I also use for my laptop.

Thanks!

2. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

IVe had all three iPads and if Ive learned one thing, it is that this thing is made to be handled with a little wear and tear possibilities, of yo keep the screen covered, you'll be fine on all other counts, especially if kept between books.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Smart cover in a crowded bag sometimes tends to come off. I'd put the iPad in some kind of sleeve -- if you don't want to spend the money, a large ziplock bag or a big envelope will do.

4. RestUnknown thread starter macrumors regular

5. spiderman0616 macrumors 68040

spiderman0616

For gods sakes, please don't be careless and just throw it in a backpack with absolutely no protection. This is an expensive piece of electronics we're talking about--I know you're using a smart cover, but I would also recommend some kind of snap on back shell or at least a pouch type case like what you referred to.

6. SweetDove macrumors regular

I think it'll be fine in that sleeve. Mine has fallen from my table, been in bags with my laptop and been in my binder with my books. That was the 1gen iPad though. Just make sure you don't drop your bag...

7. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I put my iPad in my backpack in the laptop slot. It has the smart over on, and I have lots of books in my bag as well, so far my iPad is still okay. And I had the iPad 2 with this method as well.

8. ctc799 macrumors member

I carry mine in my school backpack. I just put it in a sleeve with the smart cover and I've had no problems after nearly a year.

9. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

Get a sleeve and dunk it in your backpack. That's all you need. I've done that with all my iPads with no bad effects.

10. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

Put it between your butt cheeks. Lots of padding and shock protection.