Carrying iPhone around office

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Helenlister, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Helenlister macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hi, I work in an office and keep missing calls when I have to go to another part of the office as I often leave my iPhone on my desk. I don't generally wear a belt so a belt-clip is not really suitable and not everything I wear has pockets. Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received. :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You have two hands, right? Usually the iPhone only requires one.

If your calls are really important, I'm sure you can figure out your own solution to this relatively minor problem.

3. 3soteric macrumors member

3soteric

Pick it up and carry it?

get a case with a clip on the back and clip it to your paperwork etc?

Down the bra?

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I bought a leather Ringo Pouch from Shinnorie.com after seeing a few recs for them here and on another forum. You can customize them in a number of ways, starting with color, and it has a wrist strap that's very handy for toting it about. They ship worldwide.

Similar wristlets are available in all kinds of fabrics from etsy.com. The vendors I've worked with from there have generally been very willing to customize things as needed.

5. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Increase ringer volume. Move desk closer to other part of office. Get a Bluetooth headset. That's three suggestions.

6. enemi macrumors regular

enemi

Get a case which allows you to tie a lanyard to it.
    Put iPhone 4 case on, with lanyard attached.
    Put lanyard around neck.
    PROFIT!!!

7. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

8. Helenlister thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have tried carrying it my hand of course, but usually have to put it down while I do whatever needs doing and frequently forget to pick it up again! I have been lucky that each time I have found it quickly each time and it has not been stolen.

9. matt78 macrumors member

10. Helenlister, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010

Helenlister thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for this suggestion, it sounds worth looking at and would leave my hands free to do whatever I need to.

This an old 3-storey building and I often need to go upstairs so none of these solutions would work. Thanks.

Hmm there's always my ID badge, may be able to add it to it's lanyard. At least it would get me wearing it as I'm suppose to anyway! :). Thanks.

Yes - is that so unusual??? Not many of my skirts come with a belt and I must say I've never expected them to? :)

11. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Only thing I can suggest is either get an armband or a fanny pack. Not quite professional looking but it'll get the job done. That and you'll also have to carry around the stigma of being "that" gal at the office with the fanny pack. :D

12. Helenlister, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

A FANNY pack????? Sorry did I somehow find my way into a sex forum?

PS Ok just remembered a Canadian friend referring to a fanny pack which I think we call a bum bag! A fanny has a totally different meaning here in the UK! :D :D

13. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Two nations divided by a common language :)

Or just tuck it into your snowboots.

14. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Fanny probably means the same thing in the UK as it does here in the US. But here in the states, anyone wearing a fanny pack is well past their need/desire for any sexual relations. It's actually a sex deterrent. A big leather sign hanging off someone's posterior that states, "no, I don't need sex, I'm perfectly content looking after my 200 cats and talking to my plants".

I meant well, honestly I did :(

15. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

get a bumper case or any case that adds grip to your phone

carry a clipboard, the case will make it easy to carry your phone and papers safely in one hand

this is how I carry my iPhone when I'm working

16. SL4VE macrumors 6502

put it between your cheeks, whatever pair you prefer, vibration will also be pleasing

17. Hakkera macrumors member

Is this thread actually legit? I mean seriously people getting irate about fanny packs? It probably takes more effort to write on this forum than it does to carry your phone around with you, no offence intended but really...?

Umm, I vote down the bra...

18. Helenlister, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010

Yeah I know you meant well! Thanks for the suggestion and the explanation lol! ;)

lmao!! :D

Who's getting irate? I'm not, I thought it was hilarious! :D. Hmmm yeah the "down the bra" suggestion is funny! :D

19. wattsja macrumors regular

Though your skirts may not come with a belt, you can get a clip-on holster and just clip it to the waistband of your skirt.

20. jack66 macrumors member

get the casemate barely there case or the ID case.

21. maniacphoner macrumors regular

Just remember to take it with you where ever you go. Put it next to you on top of your desk inside your office. It's pretty visual to miss it. :p

22. Helenlister thread starter macrumors newbie

My experience of clipping items to my waistband is not good as they tend to pull the waistband over....
    I will have a look at those, thanks.
    My new pink bumper means it's very easy to see, but doesn't stop me forgetting to pick it up sometimes if I have had to put it down to do something! :)

23. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Me? Office _and_ belt, but you'll never see my iPhone on it.

As small as it is, I prefer to carry it or slip it in my suit pants pocket.

That also works ideally when I alternate and bring my EVO. At 6'3" roomy pockets are standard ... :)

24. meatballs macrumors 6502

There is only one option - shoulder holster!

Welcome the the Force!

Attached Files:

25. Terry Stibal macrumors newbie

Our friend from Maryland needs to consult a UK slang dictionary. When he does so, he will find that "fanny" has a very different meaning "over there"...