Carrying MacBook around in a sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dalius, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Dalius macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I just bought a sleeve for my MacBook (Belkin MacBook Air sleeves fit just fine) and I was wondering if its safe to leave my MacBook on sleep mode while it's in the sleeve, and while I'm making my way across university campus. That's all I wanted to know really! Thanks in advanced!

2. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

yeah it should be fine

3. leman macrumors 604

I never turn my Macbook of, it is aways in sleep mode. It won't even become slightly warm after >12 hours sleep in a sleeve with zero air circulation.

4. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

It should be fine. I've left mine in a sleeve and it hasn't gotten warm or anything.

5. fk51785 macrumors regular

when macbook is in sleep mode, it will never get hot.

6. Dalius thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, awesome! Thanks guys!

Also wondering if leaving the MagSafe charger in when the laptop is 100% charge is bad for the battery?

7. nubee macrumors member

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

In general, you should use the battery once in awhile just to keep it working properly.

8. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

No, it's not bad. If your battery power is less than 95% or so, then the MacBook will charge it to 100% and stop charging it. At this moment, your computer is running on AC power and not the battery. The MagSafe charger will also not begin charging the battery again until it is below 95%.

I love this, because the battery is not constantly discharging and recharging.

9. brotherben macrumors member

brotherben

Ya, it will be fine, I do it all the time with my macbook in the incase sleeve