Cars and Coffee 3.1.08

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by phiberglass, Mar 1, 2008.

1. phiberglass, Mar 1, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  2. Soundie macrumors regular

Soundie

3. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

4. SSerino macrumors member

BFC FTW! What is that green car about with the roll cage? Also, is that a new Nissan GTR? Didn't know they were out yet.

5. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

very very nice-- thanks for sharing-- i am on the east coast and there are no shows around here now for obvious reasons (dang snow)-- only 9 weeks til the first show of the season!!

6. phiberglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

BFC FTW IS RIGHT. I'm still banned or else I'd be posted these on there too.

The nissan GT-R isn't out yet, I'm pretty sure, It had to have been imported from the dealer or something.

7. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

It's amazing that, at least to me, when I look at these pictures that include such things as the sexy Lambo, Mercedes SLR McLaren, Ford GT and a high end Porsche, the GT-R is what gets all of my attention.

Then again, I'm a huge Nissan/Infiniti fanboy (Own an XTerra, M35, and previously owned a 350z)

EDIT: Upon second glance, what I thought to be a Ford GT is actually a different model...know any more details?
    I just saw the paint and stripes and the rear end shape and thought Ford GT.

I'll assume it's a Ford GT40

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing them phiberglass. :)

That Mercedes-Benz is hawt! :D

9. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

The GT-R really caught my attention, and I'm not even a huge Nissan fan. If I ever see on in person, god I don't know what i'll do!

10. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Just remember, certain things are illegal in public. :p ;) :D

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Bring tissues and wipe the cars clean after you're done.....drooling on them.

12. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Sounds a stupid question but in the US do you have to have a license plate?
    That ford gt doesn't seem to have any and on Pimp My Ride they never seem to have them.

13. nauqkcin macrumors newbie

where in irvine is this? i ask this because i go to school at UCI and it would be nice to have something to do this weekend.

14. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I noticed that too. I'm not from the USA either, but on a recent visit, I noticed that having plates on the front seems to be optional - some cars do, most don't. On the back seems to be mandatory.

The rules about lettering etc seem more lax than in Europe - lots of states have decorations and mottos on their rear plates.

Note for USA people - here in the UK, the rules are very strict on plate lettering, font size etc. No decorations allowed on the plates.

Re missing rear plates, I guess show cars sometimes have the plates removed when on display, otherwise you might be able to track down where they are kept. Same as when you often see plates blurred out when they show Britney Spear's latest vehicular craziness on the news.

15. phiberglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

It's located right by the Specturm, no more than 1/4 a mile away. Here is the address:

7905 Gateway Blvd., Irvine, CA, 92618

Another friend of mine comes from UCI every weekend he drives a black e36 318 BMW.

As for the front plate question in the states, it is mandatory in most states to have a front blate, and mandatory in every state for a back plate. I have been running with no plate or a euro plate for about 2 years and have never gotten pulled over so they're pretty lenient. Really the only times you get cited is if you get pulled over for a speeding ticket, if they decide to cite you for other things they may cite you for failure to display a plate on the front.

16. ill0gical0ne macrumors 6502

lol... my state only requires a back plate, so there's absolutely nothing on the front of my car. also, herro austin, fellow NS member.

17. phiberglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

Nice! yea, mine requires a front but haven't had any trouble for it. I haven't logged into NS in so long, I actually tried the other day, and forgot my login info :D

18. ill0gical0ne macrumors 6502

lol... isn't it bad that under the new admins it's been almost a year since anything was done to the site?

19. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

20. phiberglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

Yea, it was awesome at TF and then it went down for neverside, and I was all stoked and kept checking back and deadline kept getting further and further, and then finally one day I was alright I'll logon, and I forgot my username stuff, so I made a new username, and found the community to be completely dead. :(

21. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Didn't somebody post a link to the guy who was arrested for doing that to a car not too long ago?

22. RevToTheRedline macrumors 6502a

RevToTheRedline

yep, but out of all those cars in the pictures, the black Mini would be mine

23. MacPM8 macrumors regular

nice pics...i used to go to c&c over the summer quite often but havent gone lately. is the parking lot still crowded?

24. phiberglass thread starter macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

Yep, pretty much every spot filled of course unless it's rainy, but even if it's cloudy it's a good turn out and if it's a really nice day in socal, which we've been getting a lot lately it's reallllyyy crowded.

25. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

lovely pictures

BFC FTW
    just had to throw that in :)