Cars that work with Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blurb23, Feb 12, 2012.

1. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2007
    Are there any cars that work with Siri, via Bluetooth or something else?
  2. wpotere Guest

Oct 7, 2010
    I would think that most do. I have a Parrot BT in my car and it works great with Siri. Simply push the phone button on my steering wheel and wait for tone, then ask Siri to do something and it works great.
  3. magicbrain macrumors regular

Feb 8, 2008

Got a brand new jetta and ... not exactly. VW doesn't allow to configure this, when you press the button on the steering wheel (it envokes VW's "smart" dialed, which never works), but ... when you press home button on the phone, Siri does come in through Bluetooth

Sadly, I dont think apple thought of even giving this integration option to car manufactures

As a matter of fact, the Bluetooth has a bug on iOS 5: the volume gets reset to 0, when reconnecting and the volume level doesn't work (it's either 100%, thus distorting the sound or ... 0). The kicker? This works perfectly in iOS 4 ...
  4. wpotere Guest

Oct 7, 2010
    Come to think of it my buddy just got rid of his Jetta and it didn't work well with the iPhone either.
  5. Mikesus macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2011
    Chevy Cruze (2012) works, just annoyingly says call ended after.
  6. wpotere Guest

Oct 7, 2010
  7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

Nov 29, 2011
    Boston, MA
    For those that are saying it works... are you touching the phone at all, or is it 100% through your car (or whatever bluetooth device you are referencing)?

It works well with Microsoft Sync on our Ford Fiesta, however you still need to long press the home button on the iPhone. From there, siri works fine over the cars built in microphone, and of course bluetooth audio over speakers.
  8. wpotere Guest

Oct 7, 2010
    All steering with mine (06 MINI Cooper S), but it is not a stock BT phone system.
  9. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2011
    No need to gloat
  10. saberahul macrumors 68040

Nov 6, 2008
    I have a built in one on my cl65 which works flawlessly with Sara (the JB version of Siri). I will try the official Siri once I get a device that has it.
  11. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2008
    Lincoln Aviator with a Kenwood BT system and works almost great, basically sometimes when I tell Siri to call someone it connects but ends the BT session prior to initiating the call so the call does not go through. This doesn't always happen and I have not been able to identify the cause or a pattern.
  12. Mikesus macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2011
    Really? Cuz in my wife's van with Parrot, it doesn't work right.
  13. iVoid macrumors 65816

Jan 9, 2007
    Probably have to wait for the 2013 models for full integration options (2012 models were on the lots before the 4S was announced).

But don't try these options:

"Siri, turn right."

"Siri, drive me home."

"Siri, stop before you hit that little girl with the balloon!!"
  14. enaraven macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2012
    it will work and this depend upon the facility ,which you have to transfer this
  15. wpotere Guest

Oct 7, 2010
    I have a Parrot CK3000 Evo in the car (older model) and it works just fine. What version of Parrot are you using?
  16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Apr 30, 2010
    You would pick your car based on if your phone worked with it?:eek:

Now that is smart!:(
  17. chrf097 macrumors 68040

Dec 16, 2011
    Our Mercedes-Benz GLK350 is able to work with Siri, however it has to be activated on the phone first, as the voice button in the car just activates the COMMAND'S voice controls.
  18. Mikesus macrumors 6502

Apr 7, 2011
    The one with the color screen. It times out while waiting for responses. Might need to see if there is another update for it....
  19. mattraehl macrumors 6502

Feb 26, 2005
    Generally speaking, aftermarket bluetooth units that are not integrated with the car work more seamlessly - the talk button activates Siri.

Most new cars today have a built-in voice command system that will not activate Siri when pushed.

We have a 2011 Toyota Sienna and Siri has to be activated from the phone itself. Besides that it works fine.
  20. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502a

Mar 18, 2009
    Siri works through the bluetooth on my Hyundai Veloster. You have to push the home button on the iPhone though. The button on the steering wheel initiates the car's own voice recognition system.
  21. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Feb 9, 2011
    Nah, I'd pick an aftermarket head unit with the necessary Bluetooth support.
  22. jnolan macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2011
    I have a 2011 Tahoe and the stock bluetooth works with Siri.

Push Bluetooth button on steering wheel.
    Say Bluetooth to enter bluetooth options
    Say Voice to select phone instead of onstar
    It then activates Siri and plays response through.

Kind of a pain to get to but I don't have to touch the phone at all to activate any Siri commands. I was impressed for a stock system.

I will still probably upgrade to either the Pioneer, Kenwood, or Advent OGM1.
  23. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA
    2012 BMW here. Siri has to be activated on phone.