Cartoon Network help for the kids

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BitterB, Aug 16, 2007.

1. BitterB macrumors member

Hello. 2 months new here on the Mac side. All going pretty well in the conversion, but I'm finding some weird things that don't work in the Mac world. Any help on this probably simple issue will help:

I'm using Safari. My kids like cartoonnetwork.com. Most of the on-line games there work fine, some do not. Specifically, try the "Old West Shootout" game at this link: http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/boomerang/index.html

What I get is a new window opening, but it's just blank white. This happens with some other games, but not having this one really bums my kids out. I know, petty, but a Dad's gotta do what a Dad's gotta do to prove Mac can do everything and more than the old Dell did. :)

Any help / advice is much appreciated.......

2. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I get a blank white box too. And in FireFox it say "missing plugin." I find I occasionally have issues with flash based things or shockwave games like this. Dont think these things are really made with the mac user in mind.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

The problem is that Adobe doesn't have an intel native version of the shockwave driver.

4. tjevans macrumors member

tjevans

CartoonNetwork.com would never work on firefox for me, even on my winbox. I would always have to use IE. If you still have your Dell, is there any possibility of setting it up as your kids' machine? That's what I did with mine, and he uses it to play online games (including those at Cartoon Network).