Carved Robot Doom Case Just In

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blowfish89, Sep 28, 2016.

1. blowfish89, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016

blowfish89 macrumors member

This cool case just arrived and I am very happy. This is the first time I had a Carved case (and this is the first time I have an iPhone anyways), I will probably be getting another in the future. This is the 'traveler' wood case and I think it offers decent basic protection though nothing over the top, not sure whether the 'monochrome' wood in the back can crack from a drop. The grip is also very nice and I don't think the phone will slip easily from this case. It is more like a rubberized case with a wood inlay/plate on the back. The cutouts for ports are all perfectly fine. The details on the robot are also fascinating, and the packaging was also superb complete with a handwritten note from the shop owner. I will update this post if I face any issues. As of now, the only niggle is that the charging cable can come off easy if I am using the phone while charging as its quite a tight fit in the cutout.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have the Saddle Brown Apple Leather case which is very nice - I have been using my 7+ in that case for a week now, and with very heavy use (playing Clash of Clans) the edges and corners of the leather case are turning darker which I really like.

2. Deeznuts. macrumors 6502

Deeznuts.

Case link please?

3. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Looks great. Enjoy

4. blowfish89 thread starter macrumors member

Here you go - http://www.carved.com/shop/iphone-7...-by-augiewan-iphone-7-plus-traveler-case.html

--- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    After using it for a few days, I think the case is well-built, looks good and worth the money. However, I rate it 4 out of 5 because I have one niggle with it in that the opening for the lightning charger port is about an exact fit to the hole cutout (not roomy enough), and so the charging cable can keep coming off if I am using the phone while charging it (or listening to music).

Thanks !