Case advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by katiesham, May 27, 2010.

1. katiesham macrumors member

I realize you're all probably sick of these threads, but I need some help.

I've had the Candyshell for about three months now. I love the case overall but I just got a new iHome and can't dock it with the case on it. I don't love the idea of taking it in and out of the case each night either.

I've been looking at other Speck cases and the Switcheasy cases. I realize this is asking a lot of a case, but is there one that will offer protection similar to the Candyshell but be thin enough to dock?

Probably not, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm also open to other companies.

2. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'm not aware of one that provides that level of protection and will allow docking, no. The only case I can leave on my iPhone and still dock it is an Incipio Feather, which is super-thin. If you were to get something like an Incipio NGP or iSkin Solo FX or the like, those are at least easy to slip on and off, so it's not a big deal to remove them for docking. They don't have the drop protection of a Candyshell (but what does?), but they will protect from some drops and cover the bezel, so you're covered as far as scratches go.

3. hushmartin macrumors 6502

You might try the Speck Seethru. It's thinner and I haven't had any trouble docking with it. It won't be quite the protection of a Candyshell, but it's close. I am super paranoid about drop protection because I am a klutz; I feel safe with my Seethru case. It is more difficult to remove, but if you don't have to remove to dock then you're golden, right? I rarely remove mine.

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

well, the switcheasy torrenttouch is supposed to be thin, but it might not offer just as much protection as the candyshell, but itll be pretty close, and the rebeltouch is supposed to offer very good protection and comes with an easy dock, so that should work...

5. PhillStew macrumors member

You could always go with the very popular Incase slider case...I know from my own experience that some of the different colors are a bit more easy to remove...

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I MADE my dock fit my candyshell... If the case doesn't fit the dock, the dock changes :p

Anyway, there is a case called the AirJacket which Ive seen and it's ultra thin, but half the protection of the candyshell.

7. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

I've spent all weekend looking at cases and different companies. I wish I had thousands of $$ to buy one of all the cases I've looked at.

This company has some interesting designs: www.cygnett.com
    Snap Duos look interesting as well as the Molecule.

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I dont know if the zooom is cool or not, it looks very weird.