Case and keyboard cover 15" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by testudoaubreii, May 27, 2015.

1. testudoaubreii macrumors member

Hello,

I am looking for a case and keyboard cover for my new rMBP. However, I have some concerns over heat dissipation. Will there be an issue with the heat if I put a cover over it? If not, can any of you recommend a case (not a sleeve, but a hard case) and a keyboard cover, please?

BTW, I have the mid-2014 15.4" rMBP.

Thank you in advance for your response!

2. Mr.C, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015

Mr.C macrumors 601

3. sebseb macrumors 6502

sebseb

Just so you are aware, apple does not recommend using keyboard covers on the rMBP because the clearance between the keyboard and screen is so small that a cover could put force on the display. However from experience, not many have had an issue.

4. testudoaubreii thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!

5. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I have one and i just make sure i take it off before closing the lid. :D
    as for the heat issue... i doubt it will do anything, there are other vents for the heat to escape.

K.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have a Speck hard see thru case and keyboard cover I leave it on when I closed the lid. No problem. Speck has so many cool colors case I picked clear case. :apple:

7. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

To be completely honest I think it's a terrible idea. I thought to get one when I bought mine. The case is unnecessary strain on the hinges, covers up the design, and doesn't offer much protection at all. Apple doesn't recommend a keyboard cover because of the clearance between the keyboard and the display. I haven't had any issues and don't even have a single nick or scratch on my rMBP. I've used a sleeve and have been extremely satisfied. Not to mention heat issues with the speck cases and other brands. I'd recommend you save some money and just get a sleeve.