Case and keyboard cover 15" rMBP

testudoaubreii

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2014
Hello,

I am looking for a case and keyboard cover for my new rMBP. However, I have some concerns over heat dissipation. Will there be an issue with the heat if I put a cover over it? If not, can any of you recommend a case (not a sleeve, but a hard case) and a keyboard cover, please?

BTW, I have the mid-2014 15.4" rMBP.

Thank you in advance for your response!

sebseb

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2014
Just so you are aware, apple does not recommend using keyboard covers on the rMBP because the clearance between the keyboard and screen is so small that a cover could put force on the display. However from experience, not many have had an issue.

testudoaubreii

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2014

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I have a Speck hard see thru case and keyboard cover I leave it on when I closed the lid. No problem. Speck has so many cool colors case I picked clear case. :apple:

placidity44

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2015
To be completely honest I think it's a terrible idea. I thought to get one when I bought mine. The case is unnecessary strain on the hinges, covers up the design, and doesn't offer much protection at all. Apple doesn't recommend a keyboard cover because of the clearance between the keyboard and the display. I haven't had any issues and don't even have a single nick or scratch on my rMBP. I've used a sleeve and have been extremely satisfied. Not to mention heat issues with the speck cases and other brands. I'd recommend you save some money and just get a sleeve.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.