Case and protection for black macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by firstapple, Jan 12, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Alright,

I have seen different products online after some research, but I would like to know opinions from some people that have protective cases on their MacBooks (as well as pictures if you have them).

I am basically completely anal about getting fingerprints or anything else on this machine, so I want to know the best way(s) to save my laptop. Like I said, if people that currently use or previously used protective cases and whatever else there is out there could guide me in the right direction that would be great!

2. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Also, after doing research I was wondering if anyone has any comments on the Total Body Skin from bestskinsever.com? Does it make the black macbook look glossy like it shows in the picture? Does the track pad still work well?

Also want to know the best place to get keyboard skin so my greasy prints stop showing up! :)

3. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I've applied about 7 of the total body skins from BSE on Macbooks, all the owners loved it. The skin does make the Blackbook glossy but it also makes cleaning easier. The trackpad works fine :)

I got my keyboard skin off eBay. Many don't notice that I have it until I lift it up.

EDIT:
    Here is a side by side comparison of a Blackbook about to be applied with the Total Body Skin from BSE and one with the Total Body Skin.

You can tell that the skin does make the Blackbook look glossy. How well does it hold up? I've had a white Macbook with the BSE for a year, there are some slight yellow/brown around the edges but the purpose of the BSE is to protect the Macbook from scratches. No noticeable peeling and it provides better grip as well. Well worth the $25.
    [​IMG]

Here are pics of the keyboard cover:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Probably not what you're looking for (ie it's a 'pouch' more than a case), but you might be interested in this - click here.