Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
I just got an iphone 2 days ago. It got a slight scratch on the back
on the first day itself. So I got a case for it -- the Apple store
highly recommended the incase slider. I'm pretty happy with that.

They also recommended the screen protector. I have the anti-glare
one and put it on but I think it takes away from the brightness and
sharpness of the screen. Is there another similar screen protector
that would not have these problems?

With the case and the screen protector, it does become almost
completely free of the fingerprint/smudge problems that I found
really bothersome.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
I use the Seidio Innocase II with anti-glare... very similar to the incase slider except for the exposed apple logo on the seidio...

If you're OCD about fingerprints you really have no other choice then using a anti-glare protector... you'll get used to it after awhile you might want to adjust your brightness level...

Toneboat923

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
I have the incase slider, I think its the ebst because its sleek and not too clunky however (and this goes for any hard case I've tried) it makes any and all screen shields bubble up which is quite frustrating.

I had the anti glare screen protector, but recently put a new clear one on and I like it alot better. Again you get the fingerprints, but you truly dont get to experience the vibrance of all the colors on the phone with the anti glare.

JasontheGreat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2009
I have the incase slider, I think its the ebst because its sleek and not too clunky however (and this goes for any hard case I've tried) it makes any and all screen shields bubble up which is quite frustrating.

I had the anti glare screen protector, but recently put a new clear one on and I like it alot better. Again you get the fingerprints, but you truly dont get to experience the vibrance of all the colors on the phone with the anti glare.

I have both incase and this other small company inspiretech's case. Both are practically identical. Only difference is logo and price. Just giving heads up. Hope it helps
http://www.inspiretech.com/p-381-iphone-3g-slim-fit-case-blue.aspx

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Power Support Crystal Protectors are the way to go screen protector wise. They don't take away from the beautiful sharpness of the screen and you can't even see them on! You will still get fingerprints with the Crystal but to me having screen clarity is better than no fingerprints.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.