Case broke off my silent/ringer switch!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eggmclovin, Jun 18, 2009.

1. eggmclovin macrumors member

eggmclovin

Hey guys/girls,

Well im in a bit of a conundrum. My ringer switch has been loose on my phone since day one. Only recently though I saw my switch was actually starting to lay unevenly. The part of the switch closer to the bottom of the phone was starting to rise up. I have had an Incase slider on my phone and wanted to slide it off to observe the damage, but when I slid it off the case caught the ringer switch and broke it completly off!! :eek: It really sucks now because my phone is stuck with the ringer constantly on! Sorry for the longer post by I wanted to tell the full story. I have some pics but they are terrible quality b/c my iPhone was my camera so i had to use a webcam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How will Apple take this? I dont want them to think I dropped it and be stuck with this phone... suggestions?

2. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

If you have apple care, they will switch it out. Just dont let them know it was because of the case, just say it came off when you were putting it on silent. It is a common problem and im sure your phone wont be the first that that apple genius has seen

3. eggmclovin thread starter macrumors member

eggmclovin

Ok my phone still has the warranty. I say what you said. Hope I get a good genius and not one on an ego trip. :rolleyes:

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Yeah man -- they are a lot more lenient* than you think. This is a common issue. As long as there is no water damage they will swap it (people have tried intentionally breaking off the ringer switch after getting water damage in order to swap but Apple realized what these people were doing and stopped it.)

*There's always that one prick who is a stickler for the rules. Luckily at the Apple Store I go to, I know exactly who he is. The easiest way to tell is to look at the Genius interacting with the people before you and ask yourself, "would I grab a beer with this guy?"

5. eggmclovin thread starter macrumors member

eggmclovin

Haha nice point. I think I know a few at my local store in So Cal. Going for appointment now. No turning back!

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey