Case/bumper without lay on the table design

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Grolubao, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Hi guys,
    I wanted to know what are the cases/bumpers that can show the design of the iPhone but without the lay on the table design. Is there any bumper that doesn't have the lay on the table on the screen side?

2. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

3. TaEbOm macrumors member

4. Radiating macrumors 65816

Why would you ever want this?

5. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Maybe he doesn't want a "lip". There's something to be said for having a "flush" case.

6. bananataffy macrumors member

looks better and it's thinner. lay-on-table designs aren't very practical in the first place (why would you lay your phone down on the screen side?)

7. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

How about in meetings where the phone is on the conference table and don't want those SMS, iMessages, etc. to distract you and others in the room?

8. f4d3 macrumors newbie

f4d3

Having your phone out in a conference is already disrespectful, you might as well just answer the text.

9. bananataffy macrumors member

exactly, why would you have it out on the table in this context?

10. JNGold, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013

JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Not sure what meetings you attend, but there are plenty of iPhones and BB's out in the meetings I attend. Really not what you think is appropriate or not but rather more a particular use-case scenario why some should want to put their phone face down.

11. bananataffy macrumors member

if your phone is on the table and it vibrates, then why does it matter if it's on it's screen or on it's back? people will notice it either way....

should probably think before you hit submit.

12. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Um, not a matter of people noticing or not but more of what is being displayed. Just because you can't understand the situation doesn't mean it's not a valid use-case.

13. bananataffy macrumors member

lol...

if you're concerned about what's displayed then why would you have it on the table with the screen facing up in the first place?

awesome logic.

14. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Really? SMH.

15. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Basically I used a bumper on my iPhone 4 and after moving to a naked one I appreciated much more that I didn't had my finger constraint by the start of the bumper in the front screen, the so called lay on the table design.

For the iPhone 5 I was looking for some sort of protection especially the edges since we know they scratch too easily.

----------

Also, another option is to buy a protective film for the chamfered edges. I remember there was such a thing for the iPhone 4, not sure if it exists for the 5

16. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

People like having their iPhone's naked because it looks better without a case. Minimalistic cases without lay on table design is the next best thing if you want a little added protection... but still have the look and feel of a naked phone. That's why I went with a black power support air jacket. Lay on table feature isn't necessary, and I don't care if my iPhone is face down since it has screen protector on it anyway. I did LOL in meeting argument. Most meetings I attend... people alway take a quick glance and their notifications whether their phone is facing up or down. However, if you want to protect your information from being seen by others in meetings, there is a feature in Notification called, "View in Lock Screen" that you can turn "off" during meetings. It will vibrate, but nothing displays on the lock screen. There have been a few times I used this feature... depending on who are attending the meeting.

17. Grolubao thread starter macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Any other option besides the powersupport? Isn't there any sticker or filme that can cover the chamfered edges?

18. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Try this...http://estore.digiskin.me/

19. TaEbOm macrumors member

I would want the lay on the table design so if I should happen to drop my phone and it lands face down then it wouldn't crack my screen.

20. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

MIME Alias mimeusa.com I have one and if that's what you want then its worth a try.