Case crown glider vs snap on

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Tmurray315, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Tmurray315 macrumors regular

I was thinking about purchasing a case crown case don't want any Knicks or scratches would any of these cases cause that??? Which one is better in your opinion

2. thrill5one6 macrumors regular

thrill5one6

no Knicks? are you a Lakers fan?

3. nickyD410 macrumors 6502

nickyD410

I ordered the Glider case in red, it looks like it has a lip around the screen so the front dosent sit flat on a table.

[​IMG]

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Never been a big fan of snap cases, they seem to fall apart faster than sliders.

You wont get the possible "scratching" with a snap though..... I'll still take a slider over a snap any day.

5. sabu213, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

sabu213 macrumors newbie

Case Crown Glider

Just got my Case Crown Glider an hour ago. Yes, it has a lip and felt-like material inside. Felt along inside edges would have been nice though.

Edit: I Ordered this case on The 18th. I'm in California witch is where it shipped from.

Attached Files:

6. nachos4twoo macrumors member

7. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I got the glider. But, now I'm sitting here with my phone wondering if it will scratch it when I put it on, because its snug!

8. luke707 macrumors member

Anyone put one of the Casecrown ones on yet?

Can you use a front screen protector with it?

Is it so tight that it scratches the side of the phone?

9. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

I can report it does nick the sides up on the black/slate phone. I tried to put the glider on very gently and still obtained a nick on my antenna band. I decided to not finish putting it on as I only got one nick and do not want any further from the case. Frustrating because the nearest Best Buy with cases is pretty far and I really want a case by tonight. I'm hoping maybe the Speck cases are better at not scratching the antenna.

10. luke707 macrumors member

That's really annoying to hear because this looked like the perfect case for me. Time to go hunting for another :(

11. chele519 macrumors regular

I got my Case Crown in the mail yesterday and am returning it. I was also disappointed that the lining was not on the sides. When I looked at putting it on, the sharp edges seemed like they would scratch the phone and it was so tight I just didn't bother. Drove up to ATT and got a Candyshell which I like better, however, it's slick and I'm afraid I'm going to drop it so I want to find the grip one instead.

12. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

Can't blame the case for nicking the antenna band. That's Apple's manufacturing issue. My Casecrown glider never scratched my iPhone 4S and it was the same case

13. Adutrumque, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  14. janita macrumors member

I ordered the Casecrown Glider case from Amazon (shipped and sold by Senyx). It has not been delivered yet but I have been alarmed at the reports that it fits too tight and damages the phone. I just got this email from Senyx:

Dear Valued Customer,

We hope this email finds you well.

It has come to our attention that the Casecrown Lux Glider Case (Blue Sapphire) unfortunately has a defective fit issue.

The fitment issues have been discovered with the iPhone 5 device and our cases as the felt lining inside the case is too thick.

If you not already done so, please do not place the case on your iPhone 5, as it may be excessively difficult to remove the case.

We have two options that we can offer you at this time:

1, We can send you a new case that will fit correctly with the iPhone5 with USPS Priority Shipping (2-3 business days).

The cases have all been tested and we can confirm that they fit properly with the iPhone 5.

2. Receive a full refund; the defective case does not need to be returned.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Feel free to contact us i you have any questions.

Thank you for your patience with us and we hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Best Regards,

Senyx Customer Support

15. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

Guess this is just for the blue sapphire as my black one fit just fine