Case? Do you really need one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mastsethi, Apr 18, 2012.

1. mastsethi macrumors member

iPhone looks stunning anyhow. Do you really enjoy keeping your phone in a case?

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Lately, when i'm at work or at home, I typically keep it naked but when i'm traveling around and I know i'm out/about taking my phone in and out of my pocket, i'll throw on the Magpul field case. I am not gonna lie, I love using the phone naked. :eek:

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have used the BookBook in the past
    But I much prefer naked

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Honestly I've been off and on rocking cases on my iPhone. I just picked up a white 4s, literally, about 30 minutes ago and I'm debating about putting a case on it. The guy in Radio Shack was doing his best to sell me on a case.

5. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

6. mastsethi thread starter macrumors member

7. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

I got a brushed aluminum skin from The Lucky Labs. It's a very thin adhesive and makes the phone look awesome. Feels caseless but a bit more grippy :p

8. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I use a stunning case to enhance the look of my phone while protecting it. Vapor pro (the fakes are just as good ;))

9. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

If you have the disposable income to put towards a new iPhone in case the phone does drop and shatter, I would say to rock it without a case. However, if you do not have the money to get it repaired in case of an accident, get a case to protect it.

The iPhone looks much better without a case.

10. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Sena case in red is all I use and my phone is still like new, touch wood.

11. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

After my iphone sustained a small but noticeable nick to the side when I placed it in my waistpouch while jogging, yes, a screen protector and case is definitely warranted. :)

12. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

I used to think that a case wasn't needed... Till I took an arrow to the knee and dropped my phone.

13. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Personal preference. Do whatever works for you.

14. allapon macrumors regular

allapon

Need it? In term of Wireless performance, you need to prevent to "death grip" situation. Case is one way to avoid this issue.

In term of protection, I have to agree with you on that. I used my old iPhone Classic without case on, just Sena Ultra slim pouch. iPhone look nice by itself.

However, due to my personal requirement, I used my White iPhone 4 with Element Vapor Pro White Edition along with Lucky Lab Spectra Wrap along Antenna band. It look nice!

15. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I typically keep my phone in a belt holster (yeah, super nerdy) but have a front screen protector and incipio feather case. This combo offers sufficient protection for my level of carefulness while maintaining the sleekness.

16. mastsethi thread starter macrumors member

Casing also causes phone to overheat, thereby degrading the battery life.

17. rgctx macrumors regular

I think the best is just a back/front screen protector and a bumper.

18. jwsmiths macrumors member

I prefer bare, though when I'm on-call I use a holster case since the iPhone LOVES to fall out of my scrubs pocket.

19. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

I'm always torn with this question. I switch back and forth a lot. . . Probably to a point where it's unhealthy.

I have too many cases and most of the time I just prefer to go ceaseless. lol

20. IO01 macrumors member

I'm a klutz unfortunately, so a case was necessary. I have the OtterBox Defender. Sure, it covers up the phone and one can't see it, but for me function and durability are more important than looks anyway.

21. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

My own opinion might be a little biased, but I def think so. No matter who you are or what you do with your phone, you're bound to drop it at some point, with it sliding across the tiled floor or pavement, without a case that going to be dinged and scratched for as long as you use it. At least with a case on, its some what protected. I'm not saying everyone should go get an otterbox, but a case does help.

And sometimes its just a tee shirt you know, everyone's using the same black or white iPhone, they all look the same, don't you want something that looks more "you"?

22. Charleslin macrumors newbie

iphone is so popular all over the world, I want to own one for long time, but it is so expensive!:mad:

23. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

Haha, a little OT.. But get an iPhone 4 instead of the 4S, most markets they're like 25% cheaper and honestly, they're 95% the same in actual use.

24. icupcake macrumors member

icupcake

I just dropped mine today on the concrete floor at Starbucks. Not a scratch, thank God (yeah I'm feeling pretty lucky right now)! I do have a leather back and a screen protector, fortunately I think it landed on the leather - which may have provided a smidgen of drop protection. Definitely makes me consider putting the case back on though!

25. HickDead, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Power Support Air Jacket (clear) + Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap + Front Screen Protector (crystal) + Ringz Dock cap/plug (clear white) = best of BOTH worlds (all around protection with "naked" look and feel)!!!

Attached Files: