Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mastsethi

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
iPhone looks stunning anyhow. Do you really enjoy keeping your phone in a case?

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
Lately, when i'm at work or at home, I typically keep it naked but when i'm traveling around and I know i'm out/about taking my phone in and out of my pocket, i'll throw on the Magpul field case. I am not gonna lie, I love using the phone naked. :eek:

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Honestly I've been off and on rocking cases on my iPhone. I just picked up a white 4s, literally, about 30 minutes ago and I'm debating about putting a case on it. The guy in Radio Shack was doing his best to sell me on a case.

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
I got a brushed aluminum skin from The Lucky Labs. It's a very thin adhesive and makes the phone look awesome. Feels caseless but a bit more grippy :p

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I use a stunning case to enhance the look of my phone while protecting it. Vapor pro (the fakes are just as good ;))

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
If you have the disposable income to put towards a new iPhone in case the phone does drop and shatter, I would say to rock it without a case. However, if you do not have the money to get it repaired in case of an accident, get a case to protect it.

The iPhone looks much better without a case.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Sena case in red is all I use and my phone is still like new, touch wood.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
After my iphone sustained a small but noticeable nick to the side when I placed it in my waistpouch while jogging, yes, a screen protector and case is definitely warranted. :)

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I used to think that a case wasn't needed... Till I took an arrow to the knee and dropped my phone.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Need it? In term of Wireless performance, you need to prevent to "death grip" situation. Case is one way to avoid this issue.

In term of protection, I have to agree with you on that. I used my old iPhone Classic without case on, just Sena Ultra slim pouch. iPhone look nice by itself.

However, due to my personal requirement, I used my White iPhone 4 with Element Vapor Pro White Edition along with Lucky Lab Spectra Wrap along Antenna band. It look nice!

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I typically keep my phone in a belt holster (yeah, super nerdy) but have a front screen protector and incipio feather case. This combo offers sufficient protection for my level of carefulness while maintaining the sleekness.

Zord

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I'm always torn with this question. I switch back and forth a lot. . . Probably to a point where it's unhealthy.

I have too many cases and most of the time I just prefer to go ceaseless. lol

IO01

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
I'm a klutz unfortunately, so a case was necessary. I have the OtterBox Defender. Sure, it covers up the phone and one can't see it, but for me function and durability are more important than looks anyway.

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
My own opinion might be a little biased, but I def think so. No matter who you are or what you do with your phone, you're bound to drop it at some point, with it sliding across the tiled floor or pavement, without a case that going to be dinged and scratched for as long as you use it. At least with a case on, its some what protected. I'm not saying everyone should go get an otterbox, but a case does help.

And sometimes its just a tee shirt you know, everyone's using the same black or white iPhone, they all look the same, don't you want something that looks more "you"?

Charleslin

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2012
iphone is so popular all over the world, I want to own one for long time, but it is so expensive!:mad:

Ray-

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2012
iphone is so popular all over the world, I want to own one for long time, but it is so expensive!:mad:

Haha, a little OT.. But get an iPhone 4 instead of the 4S, most markets they're like 25% cheaper and honestly, they're 95% the same in actual use.

icupcake

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I just dropped mine today on the concrete floor at Starbucks. Not a scratch, thank God (yeah I'm feeling pretty lucky right now)! I do have a leather back and a screen protector, fortunately I think it landed on the leather - which may have provided a smidgen of drop protection. Definitely makes me consider putting the case back on though!

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Power Support Air Jacket (clear) + Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap + Front Screen Protector (crystal) + Ringz Dock cap/plug (clear white) = best of BOTH worlds (all around protection with "naked" look and feel)!!!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 75
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    387.3 KB · Views: 75
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.