Case Exchange Meetup Idea

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dauerhippo, Sep 25, 2008.

1. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Hello MacRumors folk,

I'm sure that many of us have a lot of iPhone 3G cases that we absolutely loved when we first purchased them, but now they are sittting in a drawer somewhere, collecting dust. Many of us probably have many many old cases that we are not even using anymore. Maybe an extra Bodyguardz that never got used?

So, I wanted to propose something: Regional Macrumor meetings, where we all get together, bring all our unused iPhone accessories, so we can sell to or trade with each other. That capsule Neo that drives YOU nuts, maybe someone else's dream case!

Obviously, these would have to take place in big enough cities, where there is a significant enough HoFo user base, like Chicago, NYC, LA etc. We'd have to work on the details (like, would this take place in someone's house? a public place, like a bar or restaurant? a local apple store?).

Who knows, maybe you'll even meet your future husband/wife/partner at one of these things! (and then be embarrassed for the rest of your life to tell people how you met)

I'd be happy to arrange the NYC meetup, if enough people think this is a good idea. AIM me at dauerhippo or just respond to this thread with your thoughts.

*note: I also posted this on HoFo, so if there is enough interest, obviously, the meetups could be combined

2. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

i think this is a good idea i got a iskin revo for 3g that just sits around. it would be a good idea. like a little flea market!
    espo
    aim: yfz450espo

3. dauerhippo thread starter macrumors regular

If anyone is interested in this idea, please list your AIM screenname (or gChat). If you don't want to post it publicly, PM me or send me an IM at dauerhippo