Case flexing/creacking a lot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Dec 11, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I recently had my MLB replaced and ever since i got the machine back i've noticed that the case flexes a lot making a very creaky sound especially the left palm rest.

I initially ignored it buts it becoming worrying...i think the Hard Drive cable/ribbon wasn't put back properly and the case wasn't 'tightened' enough. Everytime i rest my palm i hear a creak like the top case is pressing on the cable

Anyone else have creaking sounds coming from their case?

Its a MBP Classinc BTW

2. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

Is there a small gap anywhere between the top case and the bottom aluminum piece? On either the front or the LHS?

The cable flex theory isn't immediately crazy either, since the front indicator light cable (and another cable?) runs pretty tight right in there and connects right on top of the drive.

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Thats the things thats got me confused...no visible gaps so the case itself is probably well assembled but maybe a component inside wasn't screwed down properly or something

4. six.four macrumors 6502

if you live by an Apple store - just bring it in and have them take a look if it bothers you. Case flex is normal - especially on the Classic MBP, but creaking (depending on the severity) does sound like something that needs to be looked at.