Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broric

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
I've had a Speck case on my MBP since getting it but today the corner strut snapped and the case doesn't stay on properly any more.

I'm tempted to just get another one as I liked it so much but wondered if there were now better alternatives than the Speck case? Something slightly more rubberised might be better for example?

Anyone have any recommendations?

David58117

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2013
I've had a Speck case on my MBP since getting it but today the corner strut snapped and the case doesn't stay on properly any more.

I'm tempted to just get another one as I liked it so much but wondered if there were now better alternatives than the Speck case? Something slightly more rubberised might be better for example?

Anyone have any recommendations?

I really don't like the speck cases, as they're prone to break like yours did, and despite being thin - they still add a bit of bulk.

I really like the Incase ICON with tensaerlite sleeve. You could go into a best buy and check out the 13" case, but the 15" usually has to be ordered online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.