Case for 80gb iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Andrew07, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

So I just picked up an 80gb white iPod from Best Buy!! Wasn't too impressed with the cases they offerred, and I was wondering what are some good alternatives. I don't want a case for running and would like a case that allows me to view the screen (opposed to a sock or some sort of flip-case). Thanks!!!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I really like this case from Speck products, I've been using it for a year and it's been great. The only downside is the outside of the case does tend to scratch pretty easily, when I'm watching a video I don't notice it though.

3. Andrew07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Any other suggestions???? Bought a Griffin reflective case from Best Buy-didn't like it. Also bought a soft-pad case from the local Mac store, but it was really hard to control the clickwheel, and the opening at its bottom wasn't big enough for the docking cable to go in.

4. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

buy an invisible shield, these let you see the full beauty of the iPod, and they are scratch proof, if you get a scratch on it, you have a lifetime warranty on it, and can get a new one, or get it replaced for free,
    Only downside is it is not something to protect your iPod against drops, but it is also grippe so you wont drop it as easy as you would without anything on it at all.
    Here is a video demonstrating the scratch proof'ness
    http://untenohana.com/archives/videos/ipod_scratch_test/

and here is where you can buy them
    http://www.shieldzone.com/ipods/

5. Trooperof3 macrumors regular

that invso shield looks pretty darn impressive, I have been looking into getting a new cover. i have a really cheap one that i bought at target.

Does that invso shield peel off easily? how is it stuck 2 the IPod. just wondering, if it's a stick, or cling wrap deal. thanks much.

6. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I paid extra for a guy to put it on for me (because if I did it, and I messed up, it wouldn't be under warranty)
    but from what I have found, when you buy it, it will come with a spray, you spray the clear piece, you put it on your iPod, you squeegee out air bubbles, and you do this for both sides, and then let it sit, I recommend 24 hours, but they say an hour,
    and I don't know why you would peel it off, and they say it does not leave any sticky residue behind if you do peal it,