Case for aluminum MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bladehavoc, Feb 1, 2009.

1. bladehavoc macrumors member

I recently ordered an aluminum MacBook. It will arrive on Wednesday, so I thought the weekend would be the perfect time to get a case. However, my mother insisted that I need to get a 15.4" case for the MacBook because the 13.3" sleeve would be difficult to put the MacBook in and take it out, and scratch the aluminum. So she eventually bought the 15.4" case. Returning it is not an option. Would a 15.4" targus bag fit my needs? I only need to put my MacBook and charger in the bag, nothing else.

In short, I'm stuck with a bag I never wanted and I need to make the best of it.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

A few sleeve reviews that i've done:

Applesac Original
    LArobe Sleeve (Nice case, available from the Apple store)
    Applesac ColcaSac (another nice case)
    Incase Sleeve (again, available from the Apple store)
    FabrixSleeve (nice fancy sleeve)

All of the above sleeves/cases were reviewed with my Macbook Aluminum (late 2008 model) - the one which you have ordered.

3. bladehavoc thread starter macrumors member

Would putting the MacBook in a sleeve and then putting in the bag make for a perfect fit? I'm worried about the MacBook sliding around in the bag.

4. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

lol - and there I thought I was mentally crazy.

It will be fine - trust me.

5. Kalison macrumors member

I have a bag that fits 16" notebooks. I don't like how much space it has either. So I got an Incase 13.3 sleeve and now it fits nice and snug.

6. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I've got the Incase sleeve and it works just fine. I've had it for over 4 months and there isn't a single scratch from the sleeve on my MacBook.

7. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I use a Timbuk2 sleeve. It is the King of all sleeves. Had an Incase before, and they're fine, but the Timbuk2 sleeve offers far more protection.

Here's the link: Timbuk2 Laptop Sleeve. And i just noticed it is on sale for only $12.25. That's a steal. This sleeve rocks!

8. gators21 macrumors newbie

That looks like a great case, but they only have small or X-large. What size do you have?

9. tj53 macrumors member

I saw this post and went out to TJ Maxx and grabbed the Timbuk2 case mentioned above for $7. It fits perfectly, great case. You would have to get the medium size though, the small is just a bit too small.