Case for black macbook, slightly confused

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bob2131, May 16, 2009.

1. bob2131 macrumors 6502a

hi, i have a black macbook.
    I want to buy a case, so to carry it, take it with me somewhere.

On ebay, theres sleeves, bags, skins, cases....... :confused:

can someone break down the options for me?

i want a case to carry the macbook in, but maybe now thinking, my macbook gets extremely dusty, dirt is getting in all thru the qwerty keys and back vents and stuff..... is there a solution to this? kinda like a razor thin cover to protect from dirt getting inside macbook in daily use?

thankyou.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Sleeve: Usually a thin zipper-closure or velcro closure laptop holder. Most times only holds the laptop without space for accessories. I think these are the best for carrying your laptop in a backpack. I like Incase brand sleeves: www.goincase.com

Bag: Just what it says, a traditional laptop bag. This will carry your laptop along with accessories.

Skin: A thin platic cover for the laptop that sticks to the surface (method of adhesion varies by brand). Good for keeping finger prints/scratches/surface dirt away. Doesn't provide much protection in the way of impacts.

Cases: When talking about cases for the Mac laptops, most people are referring to a "Hard case." This is similar to a skin, but is usually made of acrylic plastic. They provide similar protection to a skin, but will also give a little more protection when it comes to bump and dent protection.

As far as preventing dust from getting in the fans, all you can do is open it up and clean things out; as keeping dust out would mean sealing off the fans, and that would be bad. For the keyboard, you could look into something like the Moshi Keyboard protector: http://www.moshimonde.com/products_info.asp?UPLF1=6&PDLS1=30

3. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

My YouTube page (see sig) may be of use to you. In a nutshell, you'd be better off with a sleeve - rather than a whole plastic case (i.e. Speck Satin Case).

4. techie4life macrumors 6502

You could try a Speck hard shell case, but it's not going to solve your dust problems. That's where a can of compressed air comes in handy :)

5. bob2131 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks people.
    I think im gonna go for a sleeve.
    I dont need space for accessories etc.
    Neat and trim.

Yeah ive heard about compressed air. Keep meaning to buy some from ebay.
    Might try a skin cover too.... for keyboard.

Ebay is saturated in this department.