Case for Cycling

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wacomme, Sep 19, 2012.

1. wacomme macrumors regular

I'll receive my first iPhone Friday (i5). I'm planning to use it naked. However, I'm a cyclist and ride with my cell phone (currently a Blackberry) in my jersey pocket. When it's likely to rain I put the phone is a plastic baggie, and then in my jersey pocket.

However, perhaps I need something more for the iPhone 5 - maybe not. I'm thinking about some type of minimalist hardshell case - something that's easy to put the phone in and out of, waterproof, and not too bulky.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Michael

2. kazpod macrumors member

http://www.topeak.com/products/Bags/phone_drybag_bk

Click ^

I use it and mount it on my road bike stem and use "Cyclemeter" app as my bike computer. Perfect combo.

Although I am not sure if they have one for the 5 yet...currently use it with my 4 but come Friday will need a bigger bag.

3. wacomme thread starter macrumors regular

Very interesting. However, I don't need the mounting hardware since I won't be using the phone as a bike computer. The visible screen is nice. However, I don't think the "touchscreen" is usable.

4. kazpod macrumors member

Its absolutely usable.... I use it while fishing, riding, hiking, at the beach, etc. Touch screen works perfect.

5. wacomme thread starter macrumors regular

The touchscreen works through the bag? How easy is it to insert and remove the phone?

6. kazpod macrumors member

Yeah it works perfectly. I browse the web, text, make phone calls, etc while its in there.

Slides in and out like a glove (TWSS!)