Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwfc0907

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2008
Bolton, UK
I'm looking for a case that I can put on my 3G. I want something that won't cause it to scratch on the chrome or the phone itself (front or back). I currently have the BSE skin on front and back.

I was thinking of the following
Incase Slider (would like to have a skin on front and back so don't think this would fit.) Am worried about bits causing scratches on it from what I've read.
Switcheasy Rebel
Switcheasy Neo

Can anybody let me have there thoughts on the best cases for this. I ask as I know you all have varying experiences of cases.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
In your search for the perfect case you will undoubtedly go through quite a few. There are so many out there, but of the three I personally like the Rebel for durability, but there is a sag at the bottom that is quite annoying at times. The incase slider is nice and seems to be favored around here.

Bottom line is you're going to have to read reviews, search the net, and come to a conclusion yourself. All other responses (including my own) will be mere opinions.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Ugh..

I strongly would recommend what jessica told you, we already tossed our opinions/real time experiences/complaints about cases here, and each one of us has their own taste as well as yourself so it's your call. Just read the reviews and see if that works out for you or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.