Case for iPad and a Bible suggestions...

mlomeli

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
I'm a youth pastor and currently have my iPad in the black apple case. I'm looking for something to carry my ipad and my teaching Bible in the same bag. I'm open to suggestions what would do double duty, be in net book, messenger, etc... Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I am using the free Bible that is in the store "Bible HD". I really like. Lots and lots of translations.

mlomeli

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Thanks for the app suggestions, but I use Logos 4 Scholar and the Logos app syncs with my work/home computers.

Looking for case/messenger bag/etc... suggestions

Thanks...I'll look at those apps though, never can have enough of those.:D

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
For my Bible software I use Olive Tree. There are quite a few free translations from them, and some to buy too. My favorite is The New Living Translation.

Ron
Col. 1:28

chris7777

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
Are there any ipad/phone versions that include a concordance for looking up the meaning of words, in hebrew or greek?

Commentaries would be nice too

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
For my Bible software I use Olive Tree. There are quite a few free translations from them, and some to buy too. My favorite is The New Living Translation.

Ron
Col. 1:28
Olive Tree's iPad version is still awaiting approval by Apple, but it will probably be the best Bible software for the iPad. The ESV Study Bible is an awesome product and it'll work on both the iPhone (now) and the iPad (when the iPad native app is out).

mlomeli

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
I'm a firm believer in logos bible software and the app. IF you have logos for you computer, this is VERY hard to get better than this app.

richimages

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2008
Southeastern US
Thanks for the app suggestions, but I use Logos 4 Scholar and the Logos app syncs with my work/home computers.

Looking for case/messenger bag/etc... suggestions

Thanks...I'll look at those apps though, never can have enough of those.:D
Have you checked out Olive Tree on the iPad? Pretty rich source of parsed Hebrew / Greek / personal highlights, underlines, / personal notes and backup notes / customized colors, fonts, sizes, etc / and very intuitive GUI / browsing history / etc ...

Just curious if you have checked this system out?
---------

As far as your iPad case is concerned ... I do not have a suggestion for BOTH, but I have a marware eco view / ( the eco flip is nice for profile opening and propping as well ).

Here's an image of the case http://www.richimages.net/BetaTesting/case.jpg

Here's a YouTube intro on Olive Tree on the iPad ... submitted and waiting to be released any day now for iPad ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cCNOiDCpRA&feature=related
( Ask any specific questions about Olive Tree as I'm a beta tester and am using this software now )

atsiang

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
By far the best translation I have encountered is the Recovery Version Bible. Has awesome footnotes and cross references for study as well. Need Isilo to operate the Bible but it is well worth it. Praise the Lord for His Word!

https://secure.lsm.org/RecVer/ERV.cfm

bigddybn

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
Don't think he's looking for a bible app. He wants a bag to carry his ipad and his physical bible.