case for iPad Pro 12.9 for grad school

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by diman1881, Dec 26, 2017.

1. diman1881 macrumors newbie

I'm going back to grad school and the school provided us iPad Pros (12.9") and apple pencils. Any recomendations for cases? Should I get one with a built in keyboard? I expect to use my MBP for most of the work and I have a bluetooth apple key board so I am not expecting to type all that often with the iPad pro.

Looking for functionality, protection, and apple pencil holder.

thank you all and happy holidays.

2. Makayla macrumors regular

Makayla

Logitech Smart Keyboard for iPad Pro is pretty good. A good keyboard (no Bluetooth no charging needed) and it doubles as a full case, front and back.

3. john905r macrumors newbie

john905r

The UAG case for the IPad Pro 12.9 gives the best protection and it has a holder for the Apple pencil.

4. ejin222 macrumors regular

I have the Logitech Slim Combo and love it. Never looked back.

5. tagumcity macrumors member

6. john905r macrumors newbie

john905r

Do you have a link where I can find it??

7. strawberryshortcake, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018

strawberryshortcake macrumors regular

Side Note: Initially I was using a generic synthetic leather padfolio with a zipper and a pencil holder, but have moved on to using a $30 dollar Targus Pro Tek 13.3 (note I do have one of those verizon otterbox-like case as well.) Has a spot for the apple pencil.
    https://www.target.com/p/targus-13-3-protek-laptop-sleeve-black-tss908ust/-/A-52166340#lnk=sametab

Too pricey for me. Pricey in the range of $200 to $300 for the ipad 12.9 case. They're leather. I didn't get a chance to read what type of leather vaja uses, but do be an informed consumer. Watch out for companies using the word "genuine leather."

https://www.vajacases.com/collections/ipad-pro-leather-cases

The following has nothing to do with the above website, but just something to be weary about when doing research on leather accessories. One tidbit that I've come across, is that leather absorbs moisture. Might want to be cautious, that is all.

http://www.businessinsider.com/leather-buying-guide-2014-12
    "Genuine leather doesn't just mean that the product is made of real leather (which it is), but it also means it is the lowest quality of all products made out of real leather. Genuine leather generally doesn't last as long or look as nice as higher-quality leather.

Top-grain leather is the grade of leather you'll find in "fine" leather goods and is the middle-of-the-road quality of leather. It's used in the vast majority of purses for women as well as small leather goods for men like wallets that are sold by well-known designer brands.

Full-grain leather takes the entire grain of hide, with all the imperfections and inherent toughness of the material.

It's often used for heavy-duty leather items, like weapon holsters and utility belts. But it can also be used (with great success) for dress belts, briefcases, dress shoes, work boots, and numerous other leather goods.

Full-grain is hard-as-nails leather that will develop a rich patina as it ages, looking more and more beautiful as you use it. It's widely recognized as the best and highest-quality leather money can buy.

Often much more expensive, full-grain pays dividends with its durability. If you invest in an item made with full-grain leather, you will probably have that item for the rest of your life if you take care of it properly.

If you can you should avoid leathers like bonded leather (scraps of leather glued together to form one piece), patent leather (leather treated with a glossy plastic finish), and corrected grain leather (lower quality leather printed with a fake grain).

8. john905r macrumors newbie

john905r

9. strawberryshortcake macrumors regular

You're welcome. Make sure to actually read the article in the link. What I copied and pasted were just parts and stuff that I thought were very important.

Basically don't fall for the words "genuine leather."