Case for iPhone 4? Yay or nay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hamoodi, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Hamoodi macrumors member

I have had this iPhone 4 since September 2010. I change cases a lot and always have a screen protector on the front and back. But I kind of want to go naked with it. Yes or no? :confused:

2. stcizzle macrumors regular

Nay. I went through all of the best cases and I really only enjoy the phone naked. But I do have Zagg invisible shields on the back and sides with a normal screen protector on the front so there is a little protection anyway.

3. psyduckiee macrumors regular

You contradicted yourself. Your answer should be "yay" because the OP is asking if he should go naked with his iphone. You put nay and that you preferred the naked feeling of the iphone.

Anyways, I say it really comes down to how much you drop your phone and if you abuse it a lot.

4. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I've been going naked since I bought it in September but I do have a pouch. Yeah the corners do get dinged but it's not a big deal. It dies look really good just when sitting by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

I don't really like the bulkiness of most cases, so I went with a knockoff bumper with SGP Ultra Fine protectors on the front and back. The bumper is mostly for a little added grip for when I listen to my iPhone in the car, otherwise it just slides around.

6. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I have an iskin case but no film protectors. Still looks like new. The film protectors are not necessary! :D

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I used an Otterbox Commuter with my iPhone 3Gs and while it is a really good case (one of the best, hands down), I ended up breaking two of them (oops :D) in various ways, so when I bought an iPhone 4 I didn't get the Commuter for it because of the question of durability and also due to the fact that I don't like the iPhone 4 version's look (the plastic flap over the top that kind of moves sometimes where on the 3Gs version it was really tight and looked good).

I just put front and back protectors on it. I find that when I use a phone naked I tend to drop it a lot less than when I have a case on it. Funny huh?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: You don't need to use a case. The phone is meant to be thin, light and smooth and as long as you're not a total klutz and you don't drop your phone every 2 seconds, I don't see there really being a need for a case.

8. stcizzle macrumors regular

Actually, the thread starter contradicted his own question, lol.

The topic states case? Yay or nay? Then goes on to ask if he should go naked or not.

Sorry if I confused which question to answer lol

9. almac04 macrumors member

as far as cases go, I do enjoy the natural feel of the IP4 however I dont like to risk dropping it. In fact, I was going to the pool yesterday and sure as $*&T I dropped it but luckily I had my TPU case on and it did its job very well. Its not so bulky and its thin enough to carry in a leather belt clip.
    [​IMG]
    its like silicon but more durable and its more pliable than plastic but wont get stretched out. I love the TPU cases, PM me for more info if interested...

10. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I use the phone naked when I know it will not be in a harsh environment. But not completely naked. I use PS front and back and luckylabs decals (clear for sides and home button). That is enough protection for scratches but not against drops.

11. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

My case isn't schedule to arrive until the 7th. Ugh.

I'm not loving the nekkid iPhone at all, so I vote keep a case on it!

12. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

With cases on, how often do you drop your phone on hard surfaces? If you have dropped it in the past I'd keep a thin case on. It definitely helps. Having a device made of glass in the front & back. Is just asking for some shatter. Unless you never drop it. I've dropped my last iPhone a few times coming out of the car since sometimes it'll be on my lap. Luckily the fall was to the back of the iPhone with a case on it. Until it landed face first a couple days ago & shattered everything.

13. Hamoodi thread starter macrumors member

No I didnt, by naked I meant no case, just film on front and back. Sorry for the confusion!

14. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I'm using the SGP Neo Hybrid and the Included Screen Shield. Personally I like it because it gives great protection and is still on the thin side.

15. stcizzle macrumors regular

I don't know why this is so difficult to comprehend; btw, this wasn't directed at u, someone else said I contradicted myself, but with the title and original post being two different questions, I didn't contradict myself, I answered the titleof the thread as opposed to the op.

The title of the thread says case for iPhone yay or nay?

Then your question in your op says should I go naked? Yes or no?

So no, you didn't contradict yourself. You just asked two different questions lol

16. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

When I drink I tend to get clumsy with my phone so my Otterbox Defender keeps my iPhone 4 safe and sound. Substance over style for me ;)

17. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

I haves the front and back film on mine.... I don't have anything on the metal band... I also use a belt pouch... Does the metal band scratch easy ???

18. xMClass macrumors 6502

It's up to you really. I'm using the Apple Bumpers which a lot of people seem to not like. I still think it's the best looking iPhone 4 case out there.

19. Hamoodi thread starter macrumors member

Yea I got that recently. Using that with a matte anti glare screen protector, and a shield on the back. I love my iPhone ;)

20. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Do want makes your experience the best for you. If you go naked, just know that you have a higher chance of damaging it from dropping. If you're ok with fixing it, go naked!

21. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

used to have a case. now i dont. like it more without the case

22. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

Naked at home and cased if outside. I love the form factor of the naked IP4, but my phone looks like day one and I want to keep it that way!

:D:apple:

23. ABadSanta macrumors regular

I suppose it depends person to person. I had a good case on my old phone and was happy when i dropped it accidentally because it didn't get scratched even after it got scraped on the pavement.

I suppose I'm scared to drop the phone and crack it, so I use a case.

24. labman macrumors 604

labman

I think it's a personal choice. for me it's a easy way to protect and personalize my device.

here is mine not for everybody but then again if it was i'd find something else.

[​IMG]

25. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if you've got butter fingers go with a case. otherwise, naked.