case for iPhone 8 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bj097, Oct 2, 2018.

1. bj097 macrumors regular

Going to purchase an iPhone 8 Plus after years of leaving iPhone. My only iPhone was 4S.

What is the best kind of phone case to use? Leather? Silicone? Something else?

From time to time, I drop my phone to the ground because my palm is smaller than
    that of the average people. I almost drop my phone once every month, even if I handle with care. Every phone easily slips away from my palm.

By the way, does iPhone 7 PLUS has the totally same physical size as 8 PLUS?

2. mbar9607 macrumors member

3. esskay macrumors 6502

My wife has a pop socket on the back of her 8 plus. It never appealed to me, but I tried it the other day, and it really makes a noticeable difference in being able to keep a good grasp on a big phone and use it one handed.

4. UnifiedMelody macrumors regular

UnifiedMelody

previously on my iPhone 8 Plus i had:
    Spigen ultra hybrid 2 with red trim
    spigen neo hybrid in pale dogwood [pink/rose gold to match iphone 8 plus gold]
    tech21 pure clear
    tech21 evo check

either case are amazing get one that you like, spigen ultra hybrid 2 and tech21 pure clear has a transparent back if u like to show it off if not too fussed about showing off then the other two are good. tech21 evo check probably has the best drop protection if that becomes a concern and its a bit thick but reassuring [at least]

5. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

[​IMG]
    Spigen Ultra Hybrid Black

I haven’t admitted on here I bought an 8+ before but am attempting to force myself to get used to a bigger iPhone lol.

6. DJ_Smith macrumors regular

DJ_Smith

That case is dirt collector (or you can say magnet) just look at the bottom on the glass so much lint which can harm the finish.

I personally like spigen cases and I have ordered liquid armor for my XS Max which is yet to arrive.

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

It’s not a magnet for lint and dirt at all. The photo doesn’t do it justice. There’s virtually nothing under the back glass of this case after more than a weeks use.

8. DJ_Smith macrumors regular

DJ_Smith

Ok. But I can see dirt particles in that image. Right around the corners.

9. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

It’s very minimal to be honest. I’m very impressed by the look of this case

10. DJ_Smith macrumors regular

DJ_Smith

796C331D-49F4-4595-A700-52D6B316A033.jpeg
    Ok. Here’s the liquid armor case I use for my 8 Plus. Ordered exactly the same for my Max. Very good case with minimal thickness.

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

That case was one I considered too, very nice.

12. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

OP, I sent you a message, I've got several left over cases from my 7+ that will work with your 8+.