case for iPhone 8 Plus?

bj097

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
Going to purchase an iPhone 8 Plus after years of leaving iPhone. My only iPhone was 4S.

What is the best kind of phone case to use? Leather? Silicone? Something else?

From time to time, I drop my phone to the ground because my palm is smaller than
that of the average people. I almost drop my phone once every month, even if I handle with care. Every phone easily slips away from my palm.

By the way, does iPhone 7 PLUS has the totally same physical size as 8 PLUS?

esskay

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
My wife has a pop socket on the back of her 8 plus. It never appealed to me, but I tried it the other day, and it really makes a noticeable difference in being able to keep a good grasp on a big phone and use it one handed.

UnifiedMelody

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2017
Australia
previously on my iPhone 8 Plus i had:
Spigen ultra hybrid 2 with red trim
spigen neo hybrid in pale dogwood [pink/rose gold to match iphone 8 plus gold]
tech21 pure clear
tech21 evo check

either case are amazing get one that you like, spigen ultra hybrid 2 and tech21 pure clear has a transparent back if u like to show it off if not too fussed about showing off then the other two are good. tech21 evo check probably has the best drop protection if that becomes a concern and its a bit thick but reassuring [at least]

DJ_Smith

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2018
Montana USA

Spigen Ultra Hybrid Black

I haven’t admitted on here I bought an 8+ before but am attempting to force myself to get used to a bigger iPhone lol.
That case is dirt collector (or you can say magnet) just look at the bottom on the glass so much lint which can harm the finish.

I personally like spigen cases and I have ordered liquid armor for my XS Max which is yet to arrive.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
That case is dirt collector (or you can say magnet) just look at the bottom on the glass so much lint which can harm the finish.

I personally like spigen cases and I have ordered liquid armor for my XS Max which is yet to arrive.
It’s not a magnet for lint and dirt at all. The photo doesn’t do it justice. There’s virtually nothing under the back glass of this case after more than a weeks use.

kingston73

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2015
OP, I sent you a message, I've got several left over cases from my 7+ that will work with your 8+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.