Case for iPod Touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Chuchichan, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Chuchichan macrumors 6502

From what I understand the microphone is on the back of the iPod Touch 4G. Is a case to cover the back recommended? Would this cover the microphone and make it unusable?

Thanks in advance...

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The mic isn't on the back, I believe it's on the bottom, so a case wouldn't cause any issues. I highly recommend one, as they are fairly fragile devices.

3. delonh92 macrumors member

delonh92

Hmm the mic is on the back near the camera. And it is not recommended that you cover the mic if you wanna use it. best case to get is either a griffin outfit ice or a skull candy case.:apple:

please before you answer someone's question make sure you know first:)

4. Chuchichan thread starter macrumors 6502

I see, so these two cases that you recommend have a larger opening to allow space for the microphone vs. other cases?

How do you like the ipod touch 4g? I'm a 2g user now. I'm having this loose headphone jack issue unfortunately...

5. delonh92 macrumors member

delonh92

I am loving it right now. The screen is amazing(would recommend a screen protector too)The apps run smoothly. The camera takes good video but the pics can be better(0.7 mega pixels) Overall i give it a 9.5/10.:)

The loose jack idk now about that.

One more thing.......This iPod is 10x faster

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Ah, that's right. Should have just looked. Anyhow, case manufacturers know better than to cover the mic, so no worries. I've got the griffin case, but it fits a bit tighter than I would like. It's pretty painful to take off, so I'd recommend something from incase

7. aNYthing24 macrumors member

Get the SwitchEasy RebelTouch. Probably the best case for the iPod touch. I have the SwitchEasy NUDE and I wouldn't recommend it. It's a fingerprint magnet and a bit loose.

8. amethystjw macrumors member

amethystjw

Fantastic "TPU" case!

I stumbled onto this excellent case by accident last month. Take a look: http://www.handhelditems.com/ipod-touch-case-with-inner-circle-design-smoke-circle-p-148357.html

It's perfect, in my opinion because it's cheap at only $7 shipped, ships from within the USA, so it doesn't take long to arrive, is very thin, so it doesn't add bulk to the svelte iPod touch, and is made of TPU (thermoplastic poly urethane) which is a durable but pliable material. It will definitely protect your iPod from scratches and minor bumps and dings but is also slightly grippy, so you can set it on a smooth surface without it sliding around. Oh, and it looks great!

9. sdpics macrumors member

I have an Otterbox Commuter case and the opening is fairly big but recessed enough that the camera is protected.

10. bikejack macrumors newbie

Thanks for the great tip. I ordered one. Just curious but do you charge the I Touch with the case on the device. Apple recommends removing the case.

11. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

PLEASE READ:
    Any case you get for an iPod touch 4G will have a camera and mic. cutout hole. Some people just like names like "Griffin and SkullCandy" I'm not saying they're bad; but any iPT4 case will work.

ALSO: I have the incipio dotties. It's more of a "teen" case. Because you can change the polka dots on the back; but it's a nice case.

12. amethystjw macrumors member

amethystjw

To be honest, I don't know. I said I stumbled onto this case by accident because I actually ordered an iPhone case and they shipped this iPod case instead. I don't have a fourth gen iPod touch so I couldn't use it but I was impressed with the case anyway. I ended up buying three iPhone cases made of the same TPU material.