Case for MacBook pro 13" retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raringsunny, Aug 30, 2014.

1. raringsunny macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently bought a MacBook pro 13" retina. Need to buy a case/sleeve for it to prevent any scratches or dust.

I have ordered one already from Amazon. It's made of leather (or synthetic leather) but looks nice. Just wondering if it is suitable for MacBook pro or not.

As after using the laptop it heats up a little bit so my concern is that if I put it in the sleeve/case after usage while it is a little warm, will it affect the components inside in any way or not?

Will appreciate prompt responses.

Thanks,
    Sunny

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It'll be fine as long as the computer isn't still running when you put it in the sleeve.

3. raringsunny thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I have never shut it down since the time I bought and started using it. I just simply close its lid, which puts it to sleep. I hope that's ok. That's the best part I have liked in Mac so far. It just instantly comes up unlike windows, which takes forever to resume when hibernated and when put to sleep still consumes considerable amount of battery.

Thanks again for your response.
    :)

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Sleep is perfectly acceptable.

5. Paradoxally macrumors 65816

It's true at least for me, I don't see the point in concealing such an elegant design with cases that will make it look like a cheap Windows laptop.

It's not an iPhone or iPad that pretty much require a case due to portability and constant handling. You use the MB on a desk or lap, not in your hand.

My advice is to just get a good sleeve for it when you travel. That's all the protection you need.

6. raringsunny thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in complete agreement. My bad! When I started this thread, I should have mentioned about sleeve case instead of just a case. I don't know what it's called but I recently bought the following one from Amazon Leather sleeve case.

I like it so far. It's available in different colors. My idea of starting this thread was to get more clarity on what other people use and find best for the MacBook pros. Something which is more elegant yet protects it from dust and scratches. Even after reading the reviews on Amazon, I was a bit confused and I felt that a forum might be better as you can have a sort of conversation and get more detailed reviews about the product. I love using the MacBook as is but only plan to put it in a sleeve case when I am either carrying it in a backpack or when it's kept aside in a closet.

It's so delicate and looks good that you do not feel like spoiling it.

Visit my blog site: http://www.mohansweb.com