Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anirban

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Houston, TX
Hello all!

I am going to place an order for a new, high end 15" MBP at the online Apple store. I saw that the store recommended me the "Brenthaven Edge II" notebook case. Can anyone -who has used this product- tell me if the fit is good enough for a 15" MBP?

Also, if anyone has any other case suggestions, please do let me know! I am looking for a very thin, lightweight case- but providing adequate protection for my machine. The "standard" sleeves are lightweight and thin, but they might not offer the bump protection that I am looking for.

Also, I plan to use a 20" widescreen monitor from Acer, which supports only VGA input. Based on my understanding, I think that MBP ships with a DVI to VGA convertor... please correct me if I am wrong. Other than that, would there be any issues plugging the MBP to the Acer monitor?

Thanks a lot!

TilJ

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2007
The Tom Bihn (tombihn.com) Brain Cell sleeves seem super protective. I went with an Archetype instead, since I loved the styling and can live with slightly less protection (about on par with a regular sleeve, I'd guess).

gonnabuyamac

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2006
Also, I plan to use a 20" widescreen monitor from Acer, which supports only VGA input. Based on my understanding, I think that MBP ships with a DVI to VGA convertor... please correct me if I am wrong. Other than that, would there be any issues plugging the MBP to the Acer monitor?

Yes, the MBP ships with a DVI to VGA connector. There shouldn't be any problems with using your monitor.

Fuzzy Orange

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
I have seen the Brenthaven cases at the Apple Store.
Very, very nice cases. I would buy one.

agore

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
...and for the 17" MBP?

I have a 17" on order. What cases do people like for those?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.