Case friendly Ghost Armor?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Scott2345, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Scott2345 macrumors regular

So is it really case friendly? I made the mistake in buying the regular GA and when I put on my bumper it's lifts up the GA. So does the case friendly work as advertised, I want to use it with a bumper.

2. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Answer is yes. I have a front (clear) and matte back on mine that I have used with bumpers like the Caze ThinEdge, Ebay 3 dollar specials, and now the Neo Hybrid Ex Slim.

3. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

I had bad experiences with Ghost armour... Bought 3 all peeled up. I used the belkin grip candy sheer and a monoprice style bumper.

4. duhyes macrumors member

just got my ghost armor it was horrifying my iphone scren protector had like dust
    behind the screen protector they install it so bad i could see the screen protector at the camera cut outs at a huge.

NEVER BUY THESE THEY INSTALL SO BAD

----------

like serously waste of 35$
    the guy sucks at INSTALLING

i rather go to a differnt mall crystal mall and do it for like $5 even my friend iphone 5 his screen protector isnt visable At ALL like it so clear..

5. Scott2345 thread starter macrumors regular

Sucks to hear that, and this was with the case friendly GA? cause I'm also using a monoprice bumper.

6. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

My GA looks fine to me.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357102328.452067.jpg

7. Chuck-Norris macrumors 6502a

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I sure hope that's not orange peel and just a reflection.

9. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

No orange peel. That's reflection of my ceiling.

10. duhyes macrumors member

when they install it for me it was so bad dust was inside white little dots in the screen i cant remove, i can see the scren protector at the edge was not fully in.

and probably they broke my phone, at home few hours later my brightness got messed up at the password screen and when i play jetpack joyride the sound was messed up i was so scared... if this was permantely i would sue them.., wet apply is not good they dry apply is more better cause the water might break your iphone..

11. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I am not sure who did your install but I have had several wet installations done by the Ghost Armor people and also several that I have done myself and I never had an issue with water affecting the speaker. Water is applied as spray mist and unless someone douses the protector in a bucket of water should not have any effect on your device. Furthermore, a professional installer will apply the wet install and then immediately put the phone into the heating units at the kiosk to eliminate all moisture.

There is a 7 day warrantee where GA will replace and re-install for free if there were any issues with the original install.

12. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'll echo what others have said - have used GA multiple times with no issues. Here is my current get-up on my work iP4S:

Attached Files:

13. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

I'm not sure, they didn't give me any option about a case friendly version. I much prefer the dry application protectors.

14. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

That looks horrific.

15. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

cool! i LOVE your case/skin combo!

16. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Haha thanks :cool:

17. Scott2345 thread starter macrumors regular

I wanna know about the case friendly version and if it will work with my bumper?

18. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I answered your question. I have the case friendly rear (matte) and front (clear) and have had 3 or 4 different bumpers on it without issue (see pics above).

19. Che Castro macrumors 603

I'm using the spigen slim armor case with ghost armor full body

No problems

20. melpote macrumors member

melpote

Love it!!