Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
although this should go in the buying advice forum, i thought i would get some better responses here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Skin-C...ryZ56171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yet another generic ebay case, but the construction of these actually looks pretty good - not to many unnessasary things they put on some silicone cases (belt clips, nubs etc) and if it is bad i would only loose like 7-8 dollars, but what do you guys/girls think?

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
In my opinion, silicone is horrible. I had one for my 5G Video and they collect dust better than a Pledge Fluffy Duster, and it's impossible to get the dust off. Then it scratches the back and decreases the value. Also the dust that clings to the outside makes it look horrible, hair sticks; everything:mad::mad::mad::mad:... IMHO buy an iClear

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
I have a very similar case to these a DXO or DLO I forget. I replaced it with the Griffin iClear. Never go back.

criticalmiracle

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
although this should go in the buying advice forum, i thought i would get some better responses here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Silicone-Skin-C...ryZ56171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yet another generic ebay case, but the construction of these actually looks pretty good - not to many unnessasary things they put on some silicone cases (belt clips, nubs etc) and if it is bad i would only loose like 7-8 dollars, but what do you guys/girls think?

This is the case I'm currently using and am very pleased with it. Electronics these days are made to be aerodynamic bullets that fly out of pockets and off of dashboards and crashing onto the ground below. The silicone keeps it from slipping.

I got mine for 1.65 plus shipping, with an interchangeable wrist-strap/neck lanyard and screen protectors. Even if you hate it you're not out too much money-wise.

drnycallstar19

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
In my opinion, silicone is horrible. I had one for my 5G Video and they collect dust better than a Pledge Fluffy Duster, and it's impossible to get the dust off. Then it scratches the back and decreases the value. Also the dust that clings to the outside makes it look horrible, hair sticks; everything:mad::mad::mad::mad:... IMHO buy an iClear

I AGREE!!!! Silicone is horrible it's a dust magnet and it is impossible to get the dust off.

dellavoce

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
you'd be better off to install an invisible shield or best skins ever. they keep your ipod free from scratches and maintain the the thin sleek look of the player. if your set on a case, though, I reccomend a hard plastic clear one like that from Griffin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.