Case, keyboard, and port covers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jessica Lares, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Any advice on what I'm looking for? I'm going to buy a 13" MacBook Pro tomorrow/Saturday, wrap it up, and not open it until Christmas (I know :rolleyes:). But, because of the last woes of my first MBP, I'm going to try and be extra nice to my new machine.

There are three things I'm looking for this time around...

A case - That I can use to carry the machine around. I don't want a bag because the width of the bundled up cables was pushing on the lid (which was in another compartment on the $100 Brenthaven bag I bought) and screwed up the LCD. How are the hard cases that Apple offer? Are there any thin ones that I can use so I can also maybe stick it in a sleeve too?

Keyboard cover - The aluminum paint they use reacts to my skin. I have a lot of blotches on my old MBP where bits of it came off. It seems that the black on these models can come off too. Can anyone recommend something that is clear and can be put on top of the new models?

Port covers - I only will be needing the USB and SD card port for the most part. I don't know if there's any cases that can do this for me. I know there was someone that was making covers, but they didn't update it for the latest generation.

And that's pretty much it for now. I'm hoping going from 15 to 13" will be a huge difference in carrying it around for the most part, and that the bezel on the screen makes a huge difference too. If I didn't need to run Adobe, Autodesk, and Avid software, I would have opted for the Air.

But anyway, what works for you lot? Do they even still use the same coating on the silver bits?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios