Case like the Spigen Capsule which covers the screen a little more?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by theautopilot, Oct 31, 2014.

1. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

I have the Spigen Capsule which I think is a great case. My only issue is that the screen protector I use does not cover the curved part of the screen, which I'm sure is the same for all SPs, so there is a gap between case and SP. So even though I have the SP on perfectly, I think it's only a matter of time before the edge catches on something and peals off.

So what I need is a case that is still minimal and slim, but covers the screen a bit more so it meets the SP to protect 100% of the screen and keep the SP secure.

Any ideas?

2. ArtVandelay29 macrumors regular

I had the Spigen Capsule and like you was dissatisfied for the same reason. Replaced it with the Ringke Fusion and am thrilled with it... it even looks slightly less bulky than the Capsule (pics online are a bit deceiving - I was surprised how slim it actually is). Great protection all the way around, good grip, minimal bulk.

3. carreragt7 macrumors regular

Which color/style of the Capsule did you folks buy? I am interested in the gray or black version that has the fake perforation on the back, but I want to see a real life pic of it instead of stock photos.

If anyone has either gray or black and can post up some pics and their impression of the case I'd appreciate it.

As far as finding one that covers the screen more, I think it's going to be a long search. Most cases don't cover much as they want it to work with most screen protectors, and since the 6's screen curves most screen protector companies have had to make their protectors "case friendly". So there is going to be a slight gap between protector and case most of the time. It'd be nice if a company release a line of cases and screen protectors that fit perfectly together, but I've yet to see it. Only cases with built in screen protection, which I personally don't care for.

4. vseera macrumors member

I am using the Spigen Ultra Hybrid and I think that works very well. It has a definite lip and provides good protection. It just doesn't feel as thin as some of the other ones I have seen due to the lip, but I think it provides more than average protection.

I was deciding between the Capsule and the Ultra Hybrid and decided to go with the Ultra for the better protection. I think it just might be what you need.