Case-Mate Barely there or similar case for protecting mute switch

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by roland.g, Oct 8, 2010.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I am looking to get my wife a case for her 3G. Preferably a green or lime green. I saw this Case-Mate Barely There online and thought it would be good. But the most important feature her case needs is protection from incidental muting. Some cases really leave the mute switch exposed, while others make it so you really have to flip it on purpose. Too many times her phone ends up on silent because the mute switch gets flipped as she drops it in her purse.

If you have this case and can comment on that aspect or have experience with a case that helps with the mute switch, that would be great. Thanks.

2. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Otterbox defender, keeps everything protected from anything in a womens purse, haha.

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

Sorry but she doesn't need anything that bulky or pricey.

4. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

5. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

That looks pretty good. I can add that to the consideration. Was hoping to get her a lime green but the wax white or red isn't bad. Better mute coverage.

But the Speck is $23 shipped from J&R (best price from a reputable seller)

The Case-Mate is $15 shipped from Amazon, also best price I found, and I could have saved $5 shipping if I ordered it 2 days ago with my fridge filter. :eek:

Or I found this Box Wave case that is similar to the Speck with a front ring and better mute coverage from Amazon for $11.50 shipped. Only downside I see is the pics use a white iPhone, so a black 3G will probably make that green look much darker. But oh well, you can't have everything.