Case-Mate Barely There

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eigtball, May 15, 2011.

1. Eigtball macrumors newbie

I just picked one up. I picked up the all black one. I was going to go with clear, but decided not too due to people complaining about scratching. I can say I really like this case. It's has a nice smooth feel to it, it snaps in really easy, no gaps, doesn't move around. It will NOT fit in the Apple iPhone 4 dock, but works flawlessly with the iHome iA5.

The screen shield that comes with it is pretty useless. It leaves gaps and is smaller than the phone it self, even with the case on it. Plus since it's super sticky on one side, it attracted so much dust that I could not clean off. I have the front naked, which I like anyway.

Very happy with the snap case part. I've been watching reviews on YouTube, reading them here before I made a decision.

2. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

That's my favorite case too, best in the market imo.

3. h00ligan macrumors 68030

im looking for something like this but with no logo cutout. That cutout has never appealed to me unfortunately.

4. Eigtball thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought I'd hate it as well, but after seeing it, it really does look good. Plus it's recessed enough to not be scratched. Now I do keep mine in it's own pocket.

5. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I chose the the SGP Ultra thin case over the Barely There. I have a Barely There 2 (Carbon back) which is a just a bit more bulky than the original Barely There.

I chose the SGP over the Case Mate:

1. The side cutouts for volume. Really nice.
    2. Comes with a protector for the Apple logo.
    2. Comes with Steinheil Ultra Crystal which is one of the best protectors on the market. I currently have the Oleo on the front, but it's always good to have a really good spare around.

The feel of the matte series is nice but it is a bit slippery. I obviously don't mind though.