Case-Mate: barely there

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lycanthrope, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Lycanthrope macrumors 6502a

So after reading a few threads here I trotted off to a local reseller to see if I couldn't find a Griffin Reveal. Of course they didn't have it, but they did have a brand called Case-Mate, the model "barely there" - in all revolting colours under the sun plus black and silver.

So after trying a few on I decided to buy the silver - better to have something protecting my beautiful new toy. It looks and feels really classy and although I'm a little concerned with the big round hole for the Apple logo on the back I must say it looks sooo goood! Other gripe perhaps is that the front should rise higher to protect the front of the bevel a bit, but other than that I'm very satisfied.

Anyone else got one?

2. V4705 macrumors 6502

case-mate are well known.
    but the barley-there is too minimalistic for me, its just a scuff protection and only for third of the phone.

there is no drop protection at all, and no scuff protection for the most of the bezel.

personally, in this section, i prefer the incipio feather.
    it doesn't protect from falls but its cover all the bezel.

i don't think you should buy the feather if you already got the barley-there, over-all they are similar.
    but my advice is to get more shock-absorbing case.

btw, i don't know why everybody likes the reveal so much, in every video review i saw it makes huge watermarks.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

The AT&T Store in Santa Monica on Wilshire is selling white Feathers for $5. They had 2 left this afternoon. Unfortunately, no black ones, so I didn't get one.

4. Lycanthrope thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I'm still looking for a Griffin Reveal when they become more widely available, but in the meantime this is a lot better than nothing. At least I can put it down on a table-top without fretting over scratches on the back.

This morning I used the screen protector provided and cut out a section to protect the exposed Apple logo on the back - seems to work well :)