Case Mate case broke my iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Blondie :), Apr 1, 2013.

1. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Hey all,

I took my case off of my phone earlier today (to clean the dirt out of the corners and such). The case is absolutely terrible to take off. When I finally got it taken off, I noticed that the edge I peeled the case off of was bent! I feel like the difficulty of the case may have caused this, because I literally had to pry the thing off.

Does anyone think there is anything I can do about my phone to get it replaced? I have not dropped the phone once since I got it (February 1st, 2013), or done anything else malicious to it. Aside from the bend, it is in pristine condition.

I bought the case from Best Buy, and they said without geek squad protection, there is nothing they can do. I have the insurance plan through Verizon, so I could get a new phone if I paid a $170.00 deductible. Does anyone have any other thoughts on what I could do? I have attached pictures of the phone.

Attached Files:

2. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Wow, that is crazy. Unfortunately, since you don't have Geek Squad or AppleCare+ (which is a much better purchase than Geek Squad and is a MUST for any iPhone, which this case proves, no pun intended), it looks like you'll have to do the insurance deductible route.

But, before you do that, you might want to take it to the Apple Store and see what they tell you. Maybe you'll get a genius who is in a very good mood, who knows.

----------

But seriously, how hard were you prying? Did you use a tool of some kind? That looks terrible.

3. Blondie :) thread starter macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Yeah I'm kinda thinking I'll just have to go that route. If that's the case, I'm going to wait for a few more months and wait until it gets a little more worn.

I was prying like my life depended on it in order to get the case off. I was actually worried I might not get the case off at all. But eventually it came up, but not without a bend in the phone.

4. BluAffiliate macrumors regular

Does it work? Keep using it.
    Yeah i'm sure it's the "cases" fault not the blondie's fault :rolleyes:.

5. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

6. jamesjingyi macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

Idk whether you want to this but why not put the case back on the other way and then take it off so it bends back :p

7. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Either way it doesnt say good things about the phone.....

Not sure how you can "hulk smash" forced the case off.

8. maliu macrumors 6502a

Where there's a will there's a way. :)

9. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Nice summary of the OP.

:rolleyes: