Case Mate Credit Card Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by h1r0ll3r, Aug 8, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I had it for the 3G(S) and freaking loved it. It's the best case I've ever used. It's simple, did what I needed, and never had to carry a wallet.

Now, for the iPhone 4, my problem was it had no "lip" on it to cover the front edge of the phone. I was afraid of dropping it and breaking the phone.

3. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

I haven't got it, and don't think I would ever, it is a good idea, but I would be worried that if I get my pocket picked for my phone / drop it while running and don't notice / just misplace it, I lose my cards as well.

I prefer having a wallet, and if I was going somewhere I couldn't have my wallet, would chuck some money in my sock or something...

4. walds11 macrumors 6502a

Nice case, but I also prefer to carry my credit cards or ID in a wallet separate from my phone. It might come in handy if you have a work ID badge though.

5. KandyKane macrumors 6502

I was playing with this at work the other day. Good concept, if you can't fit your wallet in your bag, at least your cards are safe... But it didn't *really* fit 2 cards, the second one was hard to push down- I was worried about damaging the microchip on the credit card, the phone is protected with a back sticker protector, but no idea how long it would last before getting ripped etc.

6. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

7. bklam macrumors regular

I've been using this case for a while now and I was actually surprised there wasn't a thread for this case until now. In terms of practicality, it's pretty good. This is only practical if you use 2 cards, i.d. And credit/debit. The case fits really well and the matte finish feels awesome in the hands. There are a couple reviews on YouTube as well as a whole bunch on casemate's website. The only problem I had at first was getting the cards back out. It took a couple slides before it became smooth. It also doesn't include a rear screen protector. Therefore you should have one on before using this case to prevent the cards from scratching the backside.

8. wiestlingjr macrumors member

I just recieved the case-mate credit card ID case. I have to say I am very pleased with it. It is made just like the barely there case, with the added bump on the back to fit 2 credit cards in. They fit very snug, but are still easy to get out when needed. I would suggest this case to anyone who doesn't always want to carry a wallet with them everywhere they go.

9. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

[​IMG]

Can that CaseMate actually fit a AmEx Centurion (Black Card) and an id? If thats the case, i'll get one for mine... :p

10. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

It fits two cards. If the AmEx card is a normal credit card size, you'll be fine.

11. aanative macrumors newbie

daveathall,

are you in the UK? i just tried to order one of those cases and cant get it shipped to the USA...

aanative

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes.

13. threezero macrumors 6502

the black card is made of different material (titanium is it?) and thus is thicker and not as flexible as regular cards

14. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Much thicker (and heavier) than a regular card.

15. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Anyone got a discount code for CaseMate. I really wanna get that iPhone/id case but my AmEx Centurion is almost maxed out :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Maybe your Amex is telling you to stop using it. :eek:

17. hexum23 macrumors newbie

I've had this case for over a week now and I love it. It's perfect for when I go to work or if I'm going out to the bars for the night as I only need my state id and debit/credit card. You can only put two cards in, and you can squeeze a single bill in there too, or you can do one card and several bills. I bought mine for $21.99 with free shipping off ebay.

18. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

It's not much thicker. It is made from some metal so it's heavier.

19. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

It seems like a very nice and super ideal case for the iPhone 4. It would be perfect if you didn't want to lug your whole wallet around and if you just needed your license and your cards of choice.

20. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Yes it is...

21. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Nope