case-mate id case...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Atenza6, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Atenza6 macrumors member

2. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I'm using it with the wrapsol now, and it works perfectly. Doesn't even ding up the wrapsol at all.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

Interesting idea for a case.....

Can you fit 2 cards and some cash in it? Or do you have to choose either the cards or the cash?

Is it a PITA to get the cash out?

What color do you have?

:cool:

4. ihonda macrumors 68000

5. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Putting cash in there would be tight, and a PITA. It fits my driver's license, my ATM/Debit card and my Metro Card (for NYC subways/busses). That's it. It's kinda advertised as a case you can use when you go out at night - like to a bar, so that you can leave your wallet at home. That's pretty accurate, but it certainly wouldn't replace an actual wallet. I stuck this sticker that is a proximity sensor for the doors at work on the back of the case, and just use it to carry the three things I mentioned above, and I don't need to bring my wallet, so it's pretty useful in that regard.

One thing to note though, it's not a super protective case, for those of you who want every inch of your device covered. It leaves half of the chrome exposed on the long sides, and totally open on the top and bottom. The plus is that it doesn't really add much bulk, even though it has to have that extra width to hold the cards.

I wish I could take pics for you guys, but my iPhone is my only camera.

Hope this helps

6. ihonda macrumors 68000

slick idea about sticking the door key card to the back of the case

thumbs up on that.. this would be pretty nice for the gym since my gym as a similar card.

its a toss up because i really dont like case-mate products but $30 for solid black isnt bad..

i am leaning towards the super-slim http://www.iconic.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_23&products_id=206

another forum member purchased it and is going to do a review on it sometime in the next week he says.

i really wish case-mate had more mall booths, when i was in ATL every mall had 2-3 case-mate booths id love to see this in person.

7. Manimal, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  8. ihonda macrumors 68000

ur not the same guy who keeps posting that POS case are you?

yes, yes you are that same guy..... mod please do something about his non-stop spamming of that worthless case.

9. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

LOL i like how hes directing you a message and report him! LOL

that casemate id case looks pretty neat. i was in the search for a leather/wallet type case. i already have a moshi iglaze and incipio feather. this case looks similar except it has cards slot in the back! AND i have wrapsol back skin so this should be good to go!

10. Manimal, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  11. ihonda macrumors 68000

manimal, clearly you work for the company who makes that or has something to do with it seeing as you have posted that same exact info in 5 count 5 different theards in the accessory forum, hell the one day you posted in 4 threads within 30secs of each other!

12. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

btw, spam or not, this looks alright. it looks pretty good looking directly from the back (1st pic), but from the side, it looks really thick (2nd pic).