Case-Mate iPhone 4 Barely There - Brushed Aluminum

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheXFactor, Jun 14, 2011.

1. TheXFactor macrumors regular

I just ordered this case and it should be here today. Anyone using this case?

2. TheXFactor thread starter macrumors regular

3. av8or macrumors newbie

i have it.. i have 2 as a matter of fact.. 1st one i had, i bought it when it first came out last april.. color gray was fading from the edges after a couple of weeks.. was showing the white plastic base.. brushed aluminum back scratches easily.. the 2nd one i bought last month.. paint is a little bit better.. fitment is excellent and i get compliments everytime.. overall it's a very good case..

4. TheXFactor thread starter macrumors regular

I got the case a few days ago and I agree. It fits like a glove, looks really good. I especially like the back. It's fairly easy to take off and put on. In general, I am liking these clip on cases much better than anything else.

I also bought the casecrown Polycarbonate Clip Case to go along with the case-mate. The reason I picked this clip case is because it extends beyond the edge of the screen, so when you lay the phone down on it's face, the case keeps the screen from touching anything.

5. levels macrumors member

New Brushed Aluminum Case...

Looks like Casemate has now released a revised version of this case.

It now has an authentic aluminum back unlike the old ones that had a plastic that looked like brushed aluminum. It also comes in black now.

I ordered the silver one for my white iPhone 4 last night, this case could be real nice with a real aluminum back so I'm excited to see how it is. Was 31.99 with no tax and free shipping after using my 20% off coupon (39.99 regular price).

Anybody have this new version yet? -

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-Barely-There-Brushed-Aluminum-Cases.asp

6. TheXFactor thread starter macrumors regular

I have that one.

7. levels macrumors member

What are your thoughts? Mine should be here tomorrow...

8. TheXFactor thread starter macrumors regular

Love it. Has a real nice smooth feel to it. The brushed aluminum back and sides look awesome. It clips on and the fit is perfect. It's a little tight getting it off, but once you get the hang of it, no problem. I really like the clip on cases.

9. levels macrumors member

Are you sure you have the new version? Up until about a week ago I did not see this newer version and I'm just curious since you posted before that. You can tell for sure by looking at the back of it, they changed the logo design it's now a little square as you can see in the picture and before it just said it straight across the bottom. Should have the case today hopefully it has a nice feel to it, did not like the old one which was a fake aluminum on the back that only "looked" like brushed aluminum.

10. levels macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I just got this new version I was talking about, and wow this case is AMAZING. I first ordered this case about 10 days ago and was not impressed at all- the fit was too tight like some people mentioned especially for my white iPhone, and the back was not brushed aluminum but a faux plastic that looks aluminum.

So I went to return it I checked online to see what they had and there was a new version of this. They now included "genuine" brushed aluminum in the case and it also comes in black.

On top of that, they fixed the tight fit problem, it now fits PERFECT on my white iPhone. I have had many iPhone cases and every iPhone released so far so trust me when I say I am VERY impressed with this case. I will try to take pics of it if I can find my camera cable but if anybody is thinking about this I would HIGHLY recommend this new version now.

Also if you type in "lucky" you get 20% off and they already offer free shipping. For 31.99 I dont think any case compares in my opinion.

11. levels macrumors member

Here is the back..

REAL brushed aluminum... very nicely done. The funny thing is these companies still make plenty of money on these cheap cases, but at least you get some satisfaction of a little metal in there for your $30+ case and not just a full piece of plastic. The sides are still plastic, but that is actually a good thing, to me at least, because of all the problems with metal on the metal band causing reception issues. I think you will start to see people very happy with this case soon once people get them in their hands since I'm pretty sure it's been out for no more then 2 weeks (the new version that is).

Attached Files:

12. yOyOYoo, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I might get the black one.

How durable is the aluminum plate to hold up to scratches??

Not sure how I really feel about the logo though, interesting placement.