Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitarguy09

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2008
"The Good Land"
Looks good and everything, but it still doesn't address the problem of lint in your pocket getting into the dock port and headphone jack. So basically, all it will do is protect it from minor scratches while at the same time adding bulk.

iPhone 3g NAKED (with perhaps some little dock/headphone jack rubber inserts) is most likely the way I'm leaning...

iaredhead

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
I have had this for about a week now. Does not add bulk or weight. I have not had an issue with debris finding its way into the case, but then again my phone has a place in my purse of its own and does not just hang out with the rest of my junk that I tend to carry. LOL I guess my only issue with it so far is that the front plate tends to get "printed" up. Cleans up easily with a quick wipe though. I think my search for a case is over, unless I decide to go to the 3G.

leishan

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2005
Has anyone had any issues with scratches when the cover is slid over the phone?

Just wondering...

iaredhead

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
My phone is in flawless condition. You do not actually slide the front on, you set the base of the phone into the base of the case and it just kind of fits into place with no force or sliding at all. You will have to slide the back on but that is only a matter of a quarter of an inch or so. I have had my phone out of the case once now in 1 week to check it out and have seen no scratches, dust, or anything else on it. So far, so good.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Looks good and everything, but it still doesn't address the problem of lint in your pocket getting into the dock port and headphone jack. So basically, all it will do is protect it from minor scratches while at the same time adding bulk.

iPhone 3g NAKED (with perhaps some little dock/headphone jack rubber inserts) is mostly likely the way I'm leaning towards...

if you cover the dock connector you will most likely cover the speaker and microphone as well, or at least distort the sound.

My only concern with this case would be if the phone is loose at all in the case when dust gets in it can scratch the phone.

Xiph0s

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
New York, NY
if you cover the dock connector you will most likely cover the speaker and microphone as well, or at least distort the sound.

My only concern with this case would be if the phone is loose at all in the case when dust gets in it can scratch the phone.

Isnt that a problem with all enclosures? I'm sure thats risk people are willing to take. The idea is a hard case helps to prevent against blunt damage -- hell or even slashing for that matter.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Does anyone have any pics of this one??

I think I am going to grab this one as it looks to be one of the better plastic cases out there but wanted to hear some other thoughts before making the plunge.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
No one had the previous version,ordered the new one, or any other info???

Seems like a real good case, but was wondering some opinions from the previous version.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
No one had the previous version,ordered the new one, or any other info???

Seems like a real good case, but was wondering some opinions from the previous version.

I ordered it, and my oreder ships out in 3 weeks and at the most 4 weeks...the 4-6 isnt true, When I contacted them after i placed my ordered, they said you could get in 2 weeks....This is the best case ever, my cousin had it for the 1st Gen iphone, and it was flawless.

HFU

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2005
Seems like a good case. Is the back piece also crystal clear or more like matte (frost) finish?

media.nl

rdstoll

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
I ordered one this morning. Site says "This item may be backordered". Not sure if that was there yesterday when I went on the site but I'll just have to be careful with the phone until I get this thing.

It's amazing to me how few good acrylic cases there seem to be. I cannot stand leather or gel and that seems to be all people make.

IP3G

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
What i plan on doing is getting a screen protector either bodyguardz or ghost armor (front only) and keeping it inside a case-mate naked for the 3g. Do you guys think this will interfear with the touch screen's performance?

GNice

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
I tried to order one and after entering my cc information I got an error message. :mad:

IP3G

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
DEF. need a review.

Case-Mate
vs.
Artwizz
vs.
Ivyskin

I would like to see that one.

But my money is on Case-Mate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.