Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
To the people who still don't believe this: cases leak for Apple products weeks/months in advance almost always. Happened with iPhones and iPads.

I believe it could indeed be the design of the next iPhone. But they don't have the device in hand and there's no way of telling what material the backside is constructed of. It's a simulated image. That excerpt that someone posted before they took the page down says it all (as I already mentioned), it "COULD" have a screen up to 4". They don't know anything about the final product other than it's exterior dimensions.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Someone mentioned it, that they could just need the detailed specs of the phone, and not a "shell", to make the case. Which is what I've always heard the case makers use anyway. Also, if they do have a "shell", that doesn't mean the shell is made of the exact materials used on the final device.
If that is what you heard, then you heard something that was in error. Case makers, particularly 1st tier makers, get the actual shell (empty with no internals).

And why on these cases, do some have the extra opening near the bottom, opposite side of the volume buttons, and some dont?
You must be new to the iPhone/iPod scene... case manufacturers sometimes have separate openings for ports and speakers, others have a single openings.

Last edited:

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Holy s***. What a catch. I'm also shocked Case-Mate is talking so openly about what to expect. That link is like an Apple rumors site.

Let me say I am relieved. I had all but given up on a redesign and was starting to think the 4S was the next iPhone (spec update only). Now it looks like the 4S & 5 rumors are legit.

Case-Mate has confirmed a wider screen so that pretty much clinches the fact that it will be larger. Fingers crossed we are getting 64 GB too. 4" screen + 64 GB = My credit card.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I know this is not CONCRETE EVIDENCE that we are getting a re-designed iPhone 5...BUT I have to say it's pretty damn close!

PLEASE...I WANT ALL YOU NAYSAYERS who have been SO confident in saying there is no way we are getting a totally overhauled iPhone 5. Bashing and Flaming EVERYONE who believed otherwise, to get ready for a BIG SURPRISE. I cannot wait to quote ALL of the negative, insulting replies I received over the past month for my constant insistance that Apple would NEVER make such a STUPID mistake and unveil only a spec-bumped iPhone 4. I don't mind differences in opinions, and a good debate, but it's the uncalled for, NASTY remarks that really piss me off. I can't wait for ALL of you to eat every last word.

Disclaimer: If the Case-Mate cases turn out to be false, and all we get is a spec bumped iPhone 4, please ignore the above. :D

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
difference

If they both have the a5 and 8mp camera....what will the 5 have over the 4s?
I think case-mate is going to get in trouble for republishing anything, just look how the carriers bend over backwards for Apple. Now on a positive note right before the iPad 2 leaked there were so many cases with dummy models which were all accurate

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
front page in 3..2...1...

Dont know about anyone else but now i am pumped for the new iphone.

I was kind of skeptical at first but if this is legit information then wow...

kid0

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2011
Montreal, QC
eeek.. my heart is still jumping from looking that case for at least for umm.. 2 mins.. lol We are still not 100% sure but I guess iPhone 5 will mostly be a redesigned one.. :)

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
If that is what you heard, then you heard something that was in error. Case makers, particularly 1st tier makers, get the actual shell (empty with no internals).

You must be new to the iPhone/iPod scene... case manufacturers sometimes have separate openings for ports and speakers, others have a single openings.

Well, there certainly isn't a speaker in that location. So what could be there? SIM location?

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
I know this is not CONCRETE EVIDENCE that we are getting a re-designed iPhone 5...BUT I have to say it's pretty damn close!

PLEASE...I WANT ALL YOU NAYSAYERS Mr. Pink who have been SO confident in saying there is no way we are getting a totally overhauled iPhone 5. Bashing and Flaming EVERYONE who believed otherwise, to get ready for a BIG SURPRISE. I cannot wait to quote ALL of the negative, insulting replies I received over the past month for my constant insistance that Apple would NEVER make such a STUPID mistake and unveil only a spec-bumped iPhone 4. I don't mind differences in opinions, and a good debate, but it's the uncalled for, NASTY remarks that really piss me off. I can't wait for ALL of you to eat every last word.

Disclaimer: If the Case-Mate cases turn out to be false, and all we get is a spec bumped iPhone 4, please ignore the above. :D

HEY! ;) hahaha, I hope this is proof I was terribly wrong.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
There will be both iPhone4S + iPhone5

http://www.case-mate.com/iphone-5-4s-cases/

Apple will be indeed launching both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S in early October. The iPhone 4S will feature the same form factor as the iPhone 4 but will be upgraded with the latest technology, including the A5 dual-core processor and 8 mega-pixel camera.

The new iPhone 5 will feature a completely different form factor than its predecessor. Wider and thinner, the redesigned device features an extended home button. The screen size could see an increase to 4 inches.

Also included in the iPhone 5 will be an A5 dual-core processor, similar to the one used in the iPad 2. It will also be equipped with an 8 mega-pixel camera, wireless charging and iOS 5, which features iCloud portable storage capabilities. Expect an early October launch.

So if this is true, I bet the iPhone4S is for Sprint possibly ? But it won't just be the old iPhone4, but an upgraded revised version. So can not even imagine what the iPhone5 will be ? A Super-Smartphone.

TimUSCA

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2006
Aiken, SC
The fact that this was taken down from Case Mate's website absolutely confirms this. I'm happy to see the curved back and aluminum return. Can't wait!

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas

PLEASE...I WANT ALL YOU NAYSAYERS who have been SO confident in saying there is no way we are getting a totally overhauled iPhone 5. Bashing and Flaming EVERYONE who believed otherwise, to get ready for a BIG SURPRISE. I cannot wait to quote ALL of the negative, insulting replies I received over the past month for my constant insistance that Apple would NEVER make such a STUPID mistake and unveil only a spec-bumped iPhone 4. I don't mind differences in opinions, and a good debate, but it's the uncalled for, NASTY remarks that really piss me off. I can't wait for ALL of you to eat every last word.

haha :D
I personally think it will be an upgraded 4 as it's too new of a design for apple to change it. I really hope I'm wrong as I really want a bigger screen. Based on the cases, you never know.

Disclaimer: If it ends up being a residgned 5, then I will claim my account has been hacked and I never wrote anything. If it turns out that it is an upgraded 4, then ya I wrote it. :D

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
From the same link.
Face it...nobody who knows is saying.

They are just saying that so not to get sued for leaking the info early. Of course a big company like Case-Mate knows all the details about the new iPhone's, they are a big manufacturer of Apple cases, they must know ahead of time to have stuff ready to sell on launch day.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
This is HUGE news, and Case-Mate leaked it too early most likely;

Apple will be indeed launching both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4S in early October. The iPhone 4S will feature the same form factor as the iPhone 4 but will be upgraded with the latest technology, including the A5 dual-core processor and 8 mega-pixel camera.

The new iPhone 5 will feature a completely different form factor than its predecessor. Wider and thinner, the redesigned device features an extended home button. The screen size could see an increase to 4 inches.

Also included in the iPhone 5 will be an A5 dual-core processor, similar to the one used in the iPad 2. It will also be equipped with an 8 mega-pixel camera, wireless charging and iOS 5, which features iCloud portable storage capabilities. Expect an early October launch.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
This is HUGE news, and Case-Mate leaked it too early most likely;

I've read this 8 times already and each time I get more excited.

----------

And "wireless charging"...A rumor that never really took off. Anyone have any details how they will accomplish this? Will it be something along the lines of "power mats" without the bulky cases?

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
I've read this 8 times already and each time I get more excited.

----------

And "wireless charging"...A rumor that never really took off. Anyone have any details how they will accomplish this? Will it be something along the lines of "power mats" without the bulky cases?

I am shocked to learn that the iPhone4S is NOT just the same old iPhone4, but updated with dual core, etc...So for the lower end cheaper phone it will still be better than the current iPhone4. That is big news.

Then that means the iPhone5 will be some crazy HUGE update, really being a Super-Smartphone.

charliecc

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
I was fairly all we were getting was the 4S, but with all these case leaks, I think I'm on the turn. I'd love to have been wrong.

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Oh it's too bad you weren't around for the iPhone 4 launch last year. Everybody who pre-ordered was saying they were getting shipping confirmations and stuff saying the phone would deliver BEFORE the launch date. This one guy who I can't remember his screen name at the moment, made a thread that pretty much said, you stupid idiots for the last time you will not get your iPhones early!!!!!1!. Needless to say they started delivering 1-2 days early and that thread was blown up with people verbally abusing him. It was quite entertaining. I think the guy ran away with his tail between his legs and never showed back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.