Case-Mate screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Loves2spoon, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I saw on the website they have $9.99 screen protectors. Anyone purchase and how do they feel/look?

Thanks

2. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

ummm

ive had them for my 3gs and if u hate air bubbles then dont get this, its low quality hard to put on and everything, not worth the money in my opinion

3. Loves2spoon thread starter macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

4. ram8727 macrumors member

I really like Case-Mate products, but the screen protectors aren't that great. I normally use SGP, Bestskinsever, or Switcheasy screen shields. I'm using a Switcheasy one right now on my iPhone 4 that I got with the Nude and love the screen shield!

5. mwasnidge macrumors newbie

Clarivue make decent screen protectors for a good price. I've had the on BlackBerry and they've lasted for the life of the device.

6. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

Case-mate screen protectors are JUNK! Had one put on at the ATT store when I picked up my phone yesterday. Worst I have ever had!!:mad:

7. yifanlu macrumors member

I bought them once to replace my 99 cents eBay SP. No difference in look, feel, or installation whatsoever. Save your money.

8. iPhoneDoU macrumors newbie

Imho

[​IMG]
    Retina display = razor sharp

They were my standard for the 3G when Wally World carried the 3 pack at $7.99. For my new iPhone 4, I paid $9.99 for the 3 pack at AT&T and am completely satisfied. The Retina display is still every bit as sharp through the Casemate, which is more than I can say for the iFrogz screen films. IN GENERAL, there are no anti-glare protectors out there that don't "fuzz" or "haze" the screen. No screen protectors feel like glass -- since they're not glass. But the screen is just as responsive with the Casemate film. I did not find this to be true with the Invisible Shield due to its "orange peel" effect. That is just a matter of personal preference, though.

[​IMG]
    Lined up really nice. No peeling edges with the Incipio NGP Matte.

They are cheaper than some of the most popular name brands out there. You can think of Casemate's 3/$9.99 price to quality ratio in two ways. First, they don't seem to last as long as Power Support films. When my Casemates start to show TINY scratches after 3-4 months, I swap them out. (I am ridiculously OCD. My dad has kept his on for 12+ months.) So, you'll have backups, which is nice. On the other hand, if you don't have much practice installing the films, you can think of the package as 3 chances to get it perfect for $9.99, which is valuable in its own right, when other single protectors will run you $19.99. You screw ONE of those up, it feels like a bigger deal.

9. SimplyS macrumors member

You paid 9.99$ for 3 pack anti glare at at&t? I paid 21$ for the 2 pack anti glare (case mate) at at&t wtf?

10. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I just picked up the AG versions (3pk) at Walmart for $7.97. At first they looked spot on but as mentioned above, they do have that haze type look to them. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick with them but if not, a pack of clears is just another $8. Got friends to give the excess ones to as well... :)

11. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

+1 Had one put on at the store. JUNK!! Ruins the look of the retina screen. Have SGP on order now to replace it with.

12. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Eh not so good. I left mine on for only 3 days before removing it. I didn't like the feel. I missed that silky screen feel.

13. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

Pickes them up yesterday as well. Not the best quality by any means but it'll suffice until Power Support protectors are available.

14. alekparker macrumors newbie

I paid $21 stupidly for the Case Mate Anti Glare/ Anti fingerprint from ATT also.

It makes completely ruins the retina display. The quality is super grainy. I'm getting a crystal clear one from another company