Case-Mate Tuxedo

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iPhoneApple, Mar 8, 2012.

1. iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

What do you guys think about this upcoming Case-mate case? It looks pretty good.

2. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Lol he just asked a question about a completely different line and you just jump the thread to ask about the same case you were asking about in the other thread on here? At least answer his question.

Back on point, I saw a couple of shots but not enough to have me sold. My main concern now is weight and size. Those cases look interesting but a little too expensive.

The lexington looks nice but i don't know if I want a strap. I would really love to see a review first.

3. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

It says it's thin and light. It seems there are some 10-20% discounts available so I may buy this when it comes out.

4. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

If anyone wants a Case-mate promo code, this one gives 20% off. CM10-AK20.

Works with the new iPad cases.

5. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I ordered the Tuxedo case in orange this afternoon. It's in stock, and it's already shipped :) The discount code mentioned does work. I want a case that's thin, simple, and light, and the Tuxedo looks like it would fill the bill.

6. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Has anyone used the iPad 2 version of this? It seems that not many have left reviews on it.

7. chadx85 macrumors newbie

I got mine in the mail today. Still worried about the lack of reviews from this case for ipad2.. :confused:

8. onthecouchagain, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Please report how this case is. It's my current front runner. iPad 2 Tuxedo reviews make it look very secure and promising:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heVqCXxeBZE

EDIT: A very good vid showing how strong the adhesive is at the 28 second mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO5UotNzICo He shakes it like crazy.

I really like the novelty of the iPad just existing there, without holsters or clips. How's that "Magic Tape"? I'm guessing this is what scares people away the most. Any first hand experiences?

9. jateelover macrumors member

Just bought the iPad 2 one at Marshall's today for 30 dollars...works fine with the new iPad, the magnet wake works perfectly and everything lines up as it should. The new ones have cooler colors I think but I just wanted black. I doubt the new one is any different in measurements and such...anyways it seems to be just like the smart cover but with protection for the back... One thing worth mentioning is that it doesn't stick to the back when opened like the smart cover...other than that it works the same and offers better protection

10. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I'm returning mine after trying it this weekend on the new iPad. The "magic tape" seems to stick and hold fine, but is removable from the iPad with some effort, and it left no residue. It fits well, and it keeps the slimness of the iPad. My dislikes were that the cover moves around some when carrying, which can activate the sleep/wake, and it's pretty floppy when folded behind the iPad book-style. The edges are a little sharp, and it doesn't provide much protection. I'm returning it and have already ordered this, which I think I will like a lot better:

http://www.amazon.com/Color-Tri-Fol...OGDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332125705&sr=8-1

(Amazon had just a few of these, and I snagged one.)